The rematch has been a promoters dream because of the dramatic first fight in Manchester last November. The 36-year-old Froch --

in News 22.10.2019 07:50
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

Billed as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, the second installment of Carl Froch vs. George Groves has the ingredients of a classic. Now it just has to live up to the expectations. Saturdays fight for Frochs IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles will take place at Wembley Stadium in front of a record British boxing crowd of about 80,000 fans. It features an established champion against a young pretender and a score to settle after a controversial first fight. The rematch has been a promoters dream because of the dramatic first fight in Manchester last November. The 36-year-old Froch -- arguably Britains top boxer of the past five years -- was knocked down in the first round and exposed for more than half the bout by an upstart 11 years his junior. In the ninth round, Froch finally landed some meaningful punches of his own to leave Groves wobbling, but the challenger was still on his feet when the referee stepped in to end the fight. With the crowd howling in derision, it was an unfortunate way to end a memorable fight. It was no surprise that the IBF ordered a rematch after Groves made a complaint, and the clamour for Froch-Groves II was already irresistible. There will be unfinished business in London, with Groves intent on sending Froch into retirement. "Weve been working on left hooks," Groves said Thursday. "We know the left hook will work and it will be the left hook that finishes Carl Froch on Saturday." Froch was riled by the in-your-face approach of Groves during the buildup to the Manchester fight, but he clearly underestimated his rival. He ended the fight with a bruised and puffy face, his reputation slightly damaged but still with a win on his record. Robert McCracken, Frochs trainer, revealed after the fight that he knew Froch would have trouble with Groves awkward style and fast start. Groves dominated the centre of the ring, hounding Froch, and will look to do the same again on Saturday. "I gave him the advantage in the first fight, allowed him to get comfortable and let his shots go," said Froch, who has a 32-2 record, including losses to Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward, and is contesting his 12th world title fight. "I took too many steps back but I wont be taking a backward step in this fight." Groves was jeered into the ring in Manchester and cheered out of it after his gutsy performance, which couldnt prevent a first loss in 20 professional fights. On Saturday, hell be fighting in his home city and will likely be the fans favourite. The fight has captured the British publics imagination, so much so that Wembley -- the home of English football -- was regarded as the only setting big enough to satisfy demand. The old Wembley hosted an unforgettable fight between Muhammad Ali and Henry Cooper in 1963. The last fight at Wembley was in 1995, when Frank Bruno beat Oliver McCall in a 12-round unanimous decision to capture the world heavyweight title. Many members of Englands World Cup squad will be present. As will Zara Phillips, the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, and her rugby-playing husband Mike Tindall. Its considered the biggest grudge match in British boxing since the days of the Nigel Benn-Chris Eubank rivalry in the early 1990s. "Its got that air about it, the air of importance," Froch said. "With it being at the national stadium its obviously big. This is by far the biggest fight of my unbelievable career. "Its giving me the motivation and giving me the apprehension I need to perform at my best." Adidas Nmd Sleva . Nowitzki scored 28 points, Harris had a season-high 14 for the second straight game and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons 116-106 Sunday night. Adidas Nmd r2 Damske . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. http://www.botynmdlevne.com/adidas-nmd-panska-levne.html . The NFL says Wednesday that the game between the Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Lions at Wembley on Oct. 26 will start at 1:30 p. Adidas Nmd Levně Damske . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips. Adidas Nmd r1 Damske . -- Damian Lillard couldnt believe when he got a clear look at the rim.The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have asked the ECB to cover England tour expenses ahead of the five-match Test series, according to reports. It is customary for the home board to pay for hotels and travel of the visiting team, but the BCCI has had its funds suspended by Indias Supreme Court in a dispute over reforms. According to reports in the Indian press, BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke has written a letter to England team manager Phil Neal to inform him that the board will be unable to pay the visiting teams hotel and travelling costs. Shirkes letter to the ECB released to the Indian Express reads: India vs England November 9, 2016, 3:30am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Dear Phil, I warmly welcome you for the upcoming cricket series. I am however at great pains to inform you that the BCCI is at present not in a position to execute the MoU [memorandum of understanding] between the Indian Cricket Board and the ECB. This is due to restrictions on execution of contracts imposed on the BCCI by a Court order.A Committee has been appointed that is also to oversee financial transactions of the BCCI. The BCCI has referred this issue to the Committee appointed by the Supreme Court (Lodha Committee) on 28.10.2016 itself and sought urgent permission for execution of the MoU. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Thereafter I have also sent the Honble Committee a request again today. However, the Committee while seeking further details a short while ago earlier today, has not yet granted us this permission.Certain courtesies such as hotel, travel aand various other arrangements have been extended to you on arrival of the team in India.ddddddddddddHowever, till the MoU is executed, the BCCI is not in a position to commit to paying for the same. Please make arrangements to remit such payments. The BCCI will inform you as and when further instructions are received by the BCCI from the Lodha Committee. Watch all five Tests live on Sky Sports as Alastair Cooks side take on the No 1 side in the world I apologise on behalf of the BCCI for inconvenience that is being caused.Sky Sports News HQ reporter Tim Abraham, who is with England in Mumbai, said: England may well be in the position of checking out of their hotel here in Mumbai and the BCCI not settling the bill, leaving England almost doing a bit of a runner. They [the Indian press] are putting two and two together, saying if thats not sorted out then England will pull out of the tour and the tour will be off, thats the way its being written. But England have said this morning [Friday] thats not the case, its very much business as usual. Also See: Billings: Spin vital in India India v England: Ways to watch Botham named Durham chairman Morgan returns to Sydney ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen