while Montreal will hope to replicate the success

in Witze 07.11.2019 04:40
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Jim Schwartzs emotions have gotten the best of him at least a few times publicly as coach of the Detroit Lions. The latest example happened in what might be the last time he leads the Lions at home. When Detroit ran the ball instead of having turnover-prone Matthew Stafford throw late in regulation of Sundays 23-20 overtime loss to the New York Giants, the crowd reacted with a loud chorus of boos. Schwartz responded by looking away from the field and toward the stands to shout something. "I probably should have done just what I did at the end of the second quarter and just kept it in my mind," Schwartz said Monday. The previous day at his postgame news conference, the embattled coach insisted he wasnt responding to the fans who voiced their displeasure with the decision to play for overtime. Detroit had the ball at its 25 with 23 seconds and two timeouts left, needing to gain about 40 yards to give David Akers a legitimate shot to attempt a winning kick. The Lions ran it once and let the clock run out in regulation, leading to perhaps a predictable response from a crowd that has endured a lot of losing and lost opportunities by the hapless franchise. But it was unusual to see an NFL coach shout back at jeering fans. "I just wanted to say, Dont you know what the situation is and the risk reward of doing something other than what we did right there?" Schwartz explained. Schwartzs temper has flared up in the past for everyone to see. He negated a video review and was called for unsportsmanlike conduct by angrily throwing a challenge flag last season when Houstons Justin Forsett scored after two Lions tackled him, leading to a defeat during an eight-game, season-ending slide. The previous year, Schwartz had a heated exchange with San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh and had to be separated following their postgame handshake. Losing, though, is what may get Schwartz fired. The Lions eliminated themselves from the NFC North title race by losing five of their last six games -- blowing fourth-quarter lead in each of those setbacks -- after a 6-3 record put them in a favourable position. If Detroit (7-8) won one more game, it would be closing the regular season at Minnesota (4-10-1) with a chance to earn its first division title since 1993 because both Green Bay and Chicago lost on Sunday. "That made it even tougher to swallow for sure," Schwartz said. Schwartz got his first shot to be a head coach in 2009 when the Lions were coming off the NFLs first 0-16 season. The Lions improved in each of his first three seasons, including in 2011 when they ended the franchises 11-year post-season drought. They flopped to a 4-12 record last year and are falling apart again this season. "Weve come up short the last two years," Schwartz acknowledged. Schwartz is 29-50 overall and his .367 winning percentage is the worst by an NFL coach in his first five full seasons since John McKay won fewer than 30 per cent of his games with the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1976-1980, according to STATS. "I know where we were when I took over and I know where we are right now," he said. "Were still working. Were still battling. We still have another game to play this year." NOTES: Schwartz said WR Calvin Johnson, slowed by knee and ankle injuries, wont be kept out against the Vikings unless theres a medical reason to put him on the inactive list for the game. ... TE Dorin Dickerson and CB Bill Bentley will be evaluated this week after getting concussions against the Giants. .. Schwartz said Dickerson didnt report his concussion to the team during the game and said Bentley was briefly unconscious. Jordan China . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Wholesale Air Jordan . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. https://www.jordanchina.us/ . - Pierre-Maxime Poudrier scored twice and added an assist, and Antoine Bibeau made 43 saves as the Val-dOr Foreur downed the Baie-Comeau Drakkar 6-3 on Sunday to force Game 7 in their Quebec Major Junior Hockey League final series. Cheap Air Jordan Free Shipping . Torres calmly stroked a 51st-minute spot kick down the middle with goalkeeper Romel Quinonez diving right to convert a penalty earned by Javi Martinez. Spain controlled play at the Sanchez Pizjuan but found it hard to convert against a well-organized Bolivian team before Iniesta charged forward to curl around Quinonez in the 84th to seal victory. Cheap Jordan From China . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night.KANSAS CITY - Sporting Kansas City returns to action for the first time in two weeks as the club gets set to take on the Montreal Impact at Sporting Park on Saturday. You can listen to the action on TSN Radio 690 Montreal beginning at 8:30pm et. Sportings last outing was a 0-0 draw with Real Salt Lake two weeks ago in a rematch of last seasons MLS Cup final, while Montreal is still searching for its first win of the 2014 campaign after playing to its third successive draw last weekend, a 1-1 stalemate with Chicago. Montreal lost its first three games to begin the season, but has rebounded to take three points from its last three matches. And although the team sits on the bottom of the Eastern Conference and has yet to record a win this season, goalkeeper Troy Perkins is encouraged by the last three results. "Everybody seems to see the negative, but the reality is weve gotten points in our last three games," Perkins said. "Were unbeaten, its still early in the season and were getting points, so we keep moving forward." In the Impacts last game, the club got a goal from Jack McInerney in the 43rd minute to take the lead on the Fire with McInerney scoring in his debut following a trade that sent Andrew Wenger to the Philadelphia Union in exchange for the 21-year-old. But McInerneys debut was spoiled by a second-half goal from Chicagos Quincy Amarikwa, forcing Montreal to settle for a point. The Impact wont be expected to pick up their first win on Saturday, but Perkins feels that the atmosphere in Kansas City will force his team to raise its level on play and that Saturdays contest will be a greeat test.dddddddddddd "You go to places like that and it demands that you step up your game," said Perkins of Montreals trip to Kansas City. "As professional athletes, you want to prove yourself against the best. You have to play at a higher level. You want to be tested. Its a high energy environment and I love playing those types of games." Sporting will be pleased to have some extra rest ahead of the match, but it wont do any good for defender Ike Opara, who is likely to miss the rest of the season with an ankle injury. Opara made a career-high 18 appearances last season after joining Sporting from San Jose in midseason, but now head coach Peter Vermes will have to replace the 25-year-old along the back line. One player who Vermes can rely upon is goalkeeper Erik Kronberg, who is making the most of his first season as the starting netminder after spending eight years as the number two, first to Kevin Hartman and then Jimmy Nielsen. "It always is tough for players like that to be able to follow in somebody elses footsteps," Vermes said of Kronbergs emergence this season. "But I truly believe that hes starting to forge his own path, and I think people are starting to see that he has qualities that are important to our team as well. Hes going to continue to grow as a keeper, and thats what we need him to do." The 0-0 draw with RSL marked Kronbergs second clean sheet of the season in the five games he has started, while Montreal will hope to replicate the success it had against Sporting last term when the Impact won two of the three meetings between the sides. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen