Hernandez said after finishing 10 points behind

in Glückwünsche 08.11.2019 02:46
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

SEATTLE - If he needed any extra incentive going forward, Seattle Mariners ace Felix Hernandez found some on Wednesday when he finished second in the AL Cy Young voting.I dont know what to say. That was tough, Hernandez said after finishing 10 points behind Clevelands Corey Kluber in the voting. A little disappointed. Just give me more motivation to work harder and harder and be better next year.Hernandez put together arguably the best season of his career, helping the Mariners finish with 87 wins and one game behind Oakland for the second AL wild-card spot.King Felix went 15-6 with an AL-leading 2.14 ERA and 248 strikeouts in 236 innings. He set a major league record when he pitched 16 straight games of seven or more innings and allowing two earned runs or less. It was a brilliant stretch from May to early August that put Hernandez in the lead for his second Cy Young award.Hernandez got 13 first-place votes and finished with 159 points in balloting by members of the Baseball Writers Association of American. Kluber, who went 18-9 with a 2.44 ERA and 269 strikeouts in 235 2-3 innings, got the other 17 first-place votes and had 169 points.Hernandez said he believed he pitched better this season than he did in 2010 when he won the Cy Young. Hernandez also finished second in the Cy Young voting in 2009 when he won a career-high 19 games and was fourth in 2012.I did. I had a great year, Hernandez said. Health, I feel fine the whole year. ... I think I pitched way better than 2010.The five-time All-Star from Venezuela pitched well in the final month, but may have lost out on the award because of his next-to-last start of the season in Toronto. With Seattle having dropped three straight and needing a win to stay with Oakland in the wild-card race, Hernandez lasted just 4 2-3 innings against the Blue Jays. He gave up eight runs — only four were earned — as the Mariners were routed 10-2.It was Hernandezs shortest outing of the season and the one of only three times all season giving up four or more earned runs.Hernandez was diplomatic when asked if that start made the difference in the voting.I dont know. Probably. Just one start. What can I say? he said. They just vote. Not my fault. I just do my thing. Nike Air Max Flair Canada .com) - The Toronto Maple Leafs will try to play spoiler as the Los Angeles Kings will try to match their longest winning streak in over four years in Thursdays battle at Staples Center. Air Max Tn Canada . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/air-max-fury-canada-sale.html . Globo TV and other news outlets said early Monday that Scolari will not remain as coach after the national teams failure to win the World Cup at home. Air Max 270 Womens Canada . Next up, the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cleveland Browns in the AFC North. Baltimore Ravens In 2014, the 8-8 season that the Baltimore Ravens experienced was to be expected. Air Max 180 Canada .Boston beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Tuesday night and celebrated consecutive wins for the first time in more than a month.Ireland pulled off one of the greatest wins in their history by beating South Africa 26-20 despite playing 57 minutes with 14 men. Paddy Jackson slotted two late penalties hand the Irish a stunning victory in Cape Town - their first ever in South Africa - surviving CJ Standers red card after just 22 minutesStander was sent off following a mid-air collision with Pat Lambie in the 22nd minute, in what appeared to be a harsh call despite the obvious concern for the Springbok. It was later confirmed that Lambie was up and walking in the dressing room. Despite the one-man disadvantage, Ireland went into the break level with their hosts. The visitors built a lead in the second half before the Boks hit back, with a Pieter-Stef du Toit try in the 70th minute bringing them within three points. However, Jackson steered his side home to hand Ireland a historic victory. CJ Stander was show a red card for this horror collision on Pat Lambie The game belonged to Ireland from the outset, as South Africa infringed several times in the opening 10 minutes. Ireland opted for driving lineouts rather than points, and from one such drive Lood de Jager collapsed the maul cynically. Ireland nonetheless kept the ball alive and Luke Marshall put in a deft kick which Jared Payne latched onto for a 7-0 lead early on. De Jager was sent to the bin for the foul play.Lambie and Jackson then traded penalties before the South African No 10 left the field as Stander was shown red for his part in the collision. Devin Toner picked up man of the match for Ireland as they beat South Africa in their first Test Replacement Bok fly-half Elton Jantjies immediately stamped his mark on the game, adding a penalty before putting Lwazi Mvovo through a gap for a try that nosed the Boks 13-10 ahead.ddddddddddddowever Jackson had the final say of the half, slotting a drop goal to bring his side level at the break.Murray put the visitors ahead early in the second period, breaking through the tackle of Eben Etzebeth to score after Payne and Trimble combined down the right. Ireland captain Rory Best says Ireland had to dig deep to come out on top over South Africa Jackson converted and had a chance to put his side further ahead with a penalty from far out, but his effort hit the post as South Africa cleared the danger. Jackson made no such mistake in the 68th minute after Frans Malherbe played the ball on the ground, giving Ireland a 23-13 lead.However the Boks hit back directly from the restart. Ireland claimed the kick-off as Jackson passed to to the midfield. Replacement second rower Pieter-Stef du Toit read the pass perfectly to intercept it and run in a try under the poles. The conversion made it a three-point game, and it looked as though South Africa would be able claw their way back into the game. Springboks captain Adriaan Strauss says unforced errors cost South Africa It was not to be though, as Ireland, who were joined by new defence coach Andy Farrell after the Six Nations, kept their hosts at bay in the tense closing stages.Malherbe then committed another penalty at the breakdown, this time going into the side of the ruck, and Jackson called for the kicking tee to put Ireland six points ahead with three minutes remaining.The Boks ran hard at the Irish for all three of those minutes, but the visitors held out tremendously for an historic first win in South Africa and take a 1-0 lead in the three-Test series.It completed a stunning day for Irish rugby - hours earlier their U20s team shocked New Zealand at the world championships in England. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen