with the rest of the field far behind

in Glückwünsche 08.11.2019 03:07
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

MONTMELO, Spain - Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes were in a class of their own again in qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday, while struggling four-time champion Sebastian Vettel stalled and was demoted on the grid. Hamilton edged teammate - and main rival - Nico Rosberg with a late lap of 1 minute, 25.232 seconds on the sunny and dry Barcelona-Catalunya circuit for his fourth pole of the Formula One season and 35th in his career. Rosberg, the overall leader, came in second at 0.16 seconds behind to set up another driving duel. Hamilton has won the last three races right in front of Rosberg, with the rest of the field far behind. "Nico was really driving well though practice and qualifying," Hamilton said. "I didnt know if I was going to get it, but right at the end I had to eke out absolutely everything I could get from the car." Vettels Red Bull has left him stranded twice in two days. First it rolled to a halt during Fridays first practice session, and it failed him again early in the third period of qualifying. Vettel was left 10th in qualification, but he will start from 15th on the grid after Red Bull incurred a five-place penalty for replacing his cars damaged gearbox. Regulations require gearboxes to be used for at least six consecutive races. As Vettels troubles mounted, new partner Daniel Ricciardo finished with the third fastest time ahead of Williams Valtteri Bottas and Lotus Romain Grosjean. Fernando Alonso, last years winner here, could do no better than seventh place, right behind Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen. Hamilton complained to his team early in the day that they "made the car worse" after minor changes to try and improve on its already commanding performances from Friday, when the British driver dominated both practices. "It was a real handful for me," Hamilton said. "It was back to square one. I was a half second behind Nico but at the end I did it by the skin of my teeth." Rosberg wasnt afraid to show his disappointment. "I dont particularly enjoy coming second to Lewis," he said. "But all it takes is a good start tomorrow and I am in the lead again." Hamilton and Rosberg are poised to dominate a fifth straight race after sweeping the first four and taking all five pole positions. That dominance was acknowledged by Ricciardo. "We are best of the rest. But that is not good enough, we are still a second off," the Red Bull driver said. "We have made some improvement, but they, being Mercedes, have done so as well. Even with a different strategy in the race, it is going to be difficult to make up a second each lap." In 23 races at Montmelo, 15 pole-sitters have gone on to victory, while only two drivers have won when starting from third place or lower. Red Bull appeared to have Vettels car back in a good enough condition to compete, but its transmission acted up at the start of the third qualifying period when he pulled out of the garage, and by the third curve his car came to a halt. Vettel told his team by radio, "I have no drive, Im sorry, I have no drive" before he jogged back to pit lane while waving to fans. Ferrari showed no sign that the three-week break before the European races had paid off in improvements. "This wasnt a good qualifying session," Alonso said. "But the outcome was more or less what we could have expected on a difficult weekend." Less than two minutes into the session, Pastor Maldonado crunched the right wheel of his Lotus when he lost control coming out of a right-hand turn and slammed into the wall on his third lap. Maldonado, who won here in 2012 with Williams, emerged unscathed from the car before it was hauled away. Toro Rossos Jean-Eric Vergne will start the race from the back of the pack after he was docked 10 places for breaching safety regulations on Friday when a wheel flew off his car. He finished qualifying in 16th place. USA Soccer Pro Shop . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. Wholesale USA Soccer Jerseys . The pair ended pointless droughts when they each scored two goals in a 6-4 victory over the Winnipeg Jets that halted a two-game losing skid for the Stars (15-11-5). https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/ . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. USA Soccer Shirts . It was a day that saw England slump off a World Cup field once again battered and bruised. This time there was no red card to wonder about, no goalkeeping error or individual mistake. They were thoroughly beaten by something they have nothing of – genuine world class ability. USA Soccer Jerseys 2019 .Y. -- Nothing seems to phase No. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Sweating out a win against the NBAs worst team isnt usually a cause for celebration. For a franchise that has felt frustration and futility for most of the last two decades, Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson is making sure his players celebrate every milestone during their long climb back to contention. Stephen Curry had 31 points and 11 assists, Klay Thompson scored 29 and the Warriors moved 18 games over .500 for the first time in 20 years with a 115-110 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday night. "You can take it for granted. Theres people thats 19 years old thats never seen this. Thats a wow moment," Jackson said. "Its an incredible accomplishment, and weve still got a ways to go. But were going to park and enjoy it, take a deep breath, appreciate it and then continue to chase down our ultimate goals." Those goals -- making the playoffs, earning home-court advantage in the first round and winning a championship -- are all within reach, though some are further away than others. Golden State (44-26) remains in sixth place in the tight Western Conference standings, 1 1/2 games behind Portland and 2 1/2 games ahead of Memphis and Dallas with 12 games left. The Warriors also trail fourth-place Houston by three games. "We want to try and get that home court" in the first round, Thompson said. "Its in striking distance." The Bucks (13-56) were handed another blow in a season full of them when guard Nate Wolters broke his left hand fighting through a screen in the first half. Reserve forward Jeff Adrien also received three stitches above his left eye before coming back in the second quarter. Brandon Knight had 27 points and eight rebounds, and Ramon Sessions scored 18 for Milwaukee, which has lost six straight and nine of 10 as it finishes off a forgettable season. "My guys played a very competitive game. We put ourselves in great position once again. We just couldnt make the plays down the stretch," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. The Bucks, who lost in overtime at Portland on Tuesday night, surprisingly stayed with the Warriors most of the game until Curry and company found their touch late. On one play late in the fourth quarter, Curry dribbled to his left and was fouled by Khris Middleton when he tossed the balll up -- and in -- with his right hand and his back to the basket.dddddddddddd Curry shook his shoulders and waved his arms in celebration, and he completed the three-point play to give Golden State a 104-94 lead with 3:59 remaining. "Once I got the contact, I was able to get the ball above my shoulders to try to find the rim at some point. And obviously thats a lot of luck involved," Curry said. Milwaukee made one last run highlighted by Ersan Ilyasovas three-point play that sliced the Warriors lead to 108-105 with 56.2 seconds left. But Thompson quickly came back with a corner 3, and Curry made four free throws in the final seconds to seal a milestone win for the Bay Areas beloved basketball franchise. The last time the Warriors were 18 games over .500 was when they finished the 1993-94 season with a 50-32 record. They also remain on track to make the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time since the 1991-92 and 1992-93 seasons. The Warriors have five days off after hosting San Antonio on Saturday, and Jackson has been trying to balance winning with getting his banged-up players some rest. Starting swingman Andre Iguodala (right knee tendinitis) and backup centre Jermaine ONeal (rest) sat out for the second straight game. Iguodala also will miss the game against the Spurs, while ONeal is questionable. Milwaukee hardly gave Golden State a night off. After the Warriors went ahead by 10 early in the third quarter, the banged-up Bucks came roaring back. Milwaukee took advantage of some sloppy turnovers by Golden State to go up 66-65. David Lee, who finished with 22 points and 12 rebounds, helped the Warriors put together a brief spurt capped by Jordan Crawfords 34-footer over Giannis Antetokounmpo as the quarter expired. Crawford hit another 3-pointer at the start of the fourth to stretch the lead to 10, and the Warriors held on late. NOTES: The Warriors are 13-4 since the All-Star break, tied with San Antonio for the most wins during that time. ... Drew confirmed C Larry Sanders will not return this season because of a broken right orbital bone. Sanders was injured Feb. 8 against Houston and had surgery shortly afterward. ... The Bucks have lost 11 straight games when theyve allowed 100 points, while the Warriors have won 10 in a row when theyve scored 100 points. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen