received permission from coach John Fox

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 03.12.2019 02:02
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Four-time champion Novak Djokovic handled Milos Raonic, while Stan Wawrinka kept his hopes of a repeat Australian Open title alive by besting fifth-seeded Kei Nishikori in straight sets on Wednesday. The world No. 1 Djokovic dismissed the eighth-seeded Canadian star Raonic 7-6 (7-5), 6-4, 6-2, while the fourth-seeded Wawrinka fired 20 aces and was broken just once in a 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (8-6) quarterfinal victory over the U.S. Open runner-up Nishikori at Rod Laver Arena. The 27-year-old Djokovic is bidding to become the second man in history to win the Australian Open for the fifth time, joining Roy Emerson. The Belgrade native won his first major title in Melbourne in 2008 and followed with three successive victories in 2011-13. He has a 48-6 match record at Melbourne Park. Djokovic has still yet to drop a set in his ruthless run at this 2015 fortnight. He is through to his 25th Grand Slam semifinal, one behind Andre Agassi for the fourth most in the Open Era. Djokovic improved to 5-0 against Raonic, as he doused the Canadian in two hours. The Serb was not at his best in the first set, not quite finding his timing under the lights at Laver. But a costly forehand unforced error from Raonic at 5-6 in the tiebreak -- having just saved two set points -- gifted the Serb the opener. From there, Djokovic was clinical. He lost just two points on serve in each of the second and third sets, while breaking Raonic three times in total. It was a close first set, but I thought I had more chances in the first set than him, said Djokovic. Managed to stay tough in the right moments and win the crucial first set. Obviously winning it in a tiebreak and making the break of serve first game of the second set was definitely huge really for me. I could start swinging through a little bit more, be more aggressive into the court. After that first game of the second set I played a great match. The 24-year-old Raonic was looking to become the first Canadian in history to reach the Aussie Open semis. The Toronto native reached his first Grand Slam semi last year at Wimbledon, losing to Roger Federer. I just think [the first set] gave him a bit more belief, said Raonic. I wish I would have served better in certain moments, but I didnt lose because of my serve. He just didnt allow me to organize my game. Even when he was returning well, by the end of the match he was doing a good job of playing deep and never allowing me to go forward. Obviously if you watch the footage, he was pretty much on the baseline the whole time and I was further back. The reigning Wimbledon champion Djokovic is seeking an eighth Grand Slam title. A five-set thriller was played between Wawrinka and Nishikori at last years U.S. Open, and it was Nishikori who survived a 4-hour, 15-minute marathon. The evenly-matched opponents were on the court for less than half that on Wednesday. The defending champ Wawrinka dominated the first set and did not face a break point until he was serving out the second ahead 5-4. Nishikori had three chances at pulling even, but Wawrinkas overpowering serve closed it out. Nishikori finally earned a break early in the third, but Wawrinka countered with one of his own at love. Three aces early in the tiebreak helped Wawrinka jump out to a healthy 6-1 lead. After staving off five match points, Nishikori hit a drop shot that fell into the net, and Wawrinka finished him off with another big ace. On Friday, fans will be hoping for another epic when Djokovic faces Wawrinka for the third year in a row at Melbourne Park. Two years ago, Djokovic denied Wawrinka 12-10 in the fifth set of a fourth-round clash, but last year the Swiss got his revenge with a 9-7 fifth-set victory in the quarterfinals. I take a lot of confidence [into the match], said Djokovic. I try to carry that in every next match, next challenge. Obviously Im going to play Stan, who is the defending champion here. We played five-set matches at the 2013 and 14 Australian Opens. Im going to be ready for a fight. But knowing that I have raised the level of performance tonight, and probably playing the best match of the tournament so far is affecting my confidence in a positive way. Hopefully I can carry that into next one. Djokovic is 16-3 lifetime against Wawrinka, including a 3-1 record at the majors. The first mens semifinal will be staged on Thursday when sixth-seeded Andy Murray takes on seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych. The big Czech is 6-4 lifetime against Murray, including 1-1 at the Slams. Murray is a two-time Grand Slam champion and three-time Aussie Open runner-up, while Berdych is a former Wimbledon finalist. Peter Moylan Jersey . The Raptors have been outscored 88-66 in the opening quarter over a three-game span to begin the month of February. Their most recent loss, 109-101 in Sacramento on Wednesday, was eerily similar to Saturdays defeat at the hands of the Trail Blazers. Gabe Speier Jersey .Mack, a reserve guard who came in averaging 3.8 points, made all six of his 3-pointers as the Hawks went 16 for 28 from behind the arc.Trailing 50-38 midway through the second quarter, Atlanta outscored Cleveland 89-48 the rest of the way and sent the Cavaliers to their largest loss of the season. https://www.cheaproyals.com/1997a-cam-gallagher-jersey-royals.html . The 27th-ranked Austrian underwent surgery on a torn tendon in October and needs more time to recover, the Austria Press Agency reports on Saturday. Mike Macfarlane Jersey . Forward Iker Muniain scored the winner in the 70th minute after Bilbaos incessant pressure recovered the ball and sparked a counterattack inside Barcelonas half. Neymar was once again tagged to pick up Messis goal-scoring duties, but when he wasnt frustrated by slippery footing Bilbaos defence got the better of him. Jim Sundberg Jersey . Behind the talents of rookie Johnny Gaudreau, the Flames will look to keep pace Thursday night when they face the Minnesota Wild in the second of a six-game homestand.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Both Demaryius Thomas and Chris Harris Jr. plan to practice next week with the first day of the Denver Broncos training camp. Thomas was excused to attend the funeral of the grandmother who helped raise him in Georgia. Harris was held out while he awaits a trip to see his surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, on Monday to check on his surgically repaired left knee. Thomas attended the Broncos team meeting Wednesday, a day after his grandmother died, and received permission from coach John Fox to leave for a few days. Hes expected to rejoin his teammates Monday. "He had a tragic loss. His grandmother in the Atlanta area passed away from Alzheimers," Fox said. "That combined with the news of (Broncos owner Pat) Bowlen is pretty devastating stuff. That woman basically raised D.T. Hes back there in Georgia and left last night. Hes where he needs to be right now. We expect him back when the services are over." The Broncos announced Wednesday that Bowlen was relinquishing control of the team because of Alzheimers. Thomas caught a team-best 92 passes for 1,430 yards and 14 touchdowns last year. He also set a Super Bowl record with 13 receptions. Thomas agent and the Broncos have exchanged proposals on a long-term contract that general manager John Elway wants to get done within the next two weeks so that it doesnt become a distraction. Thomas is expected to be back Monday, the same day Harris hopes to get clearance to practice again. Harris was supposed to see his surgeon earlier this week, but that appointment was delayed. "It just worked out better, to give me an extra week," said Harris, who was wearing a knee brace during sideline work Thursday, something he hopes to be able to ditch in a couple of weeks. "I cant go into games with a brace, no way," Harris said with a chuckle. All indications are Andrews will clear Harris, who expects to be eased into practice the way Voon Miller has been.dddddddddddd Both tore an anterior cruciate ligament last season, Miller in December and Harris in the playoffs in January. Miller is participating in 7-on-7 and individual drills and retreating to the sideline during 11-on-11 portions of practice. Bubba Caldwell got the bulk of work in his absence Thursday and tight end Julius Thomas, whos also in contract negotiations, was split wide on some snaps. The Broncos open the preseason Aug. 7 against Seattle, which routed them 43-8 in the Super Bowl. Offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase made his players watch the first half of that debacle just before they scattered for vacation last month. "I still havent watched the three I lost," Elway cracked. Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton said hes watched the loss to the Seahawks plenty of times. "I watched it enough to hate them and you can write that down," Knighton said. "And Im looking forward to playing them again." The teams also play in the regular season when the Broncos visit the Seahawks on Sept. 21. "We want to get that bad taste out of our mouth (but) playing them in Week 3 wont get it out of our mouth," Knighton said. "It will just be winning the Super Bowl. We want to hoist that trophy." Notes: Training camp is closed to the public this year because of a $35 million construction project that includes a new indoor practice facility. The Broncos will hold three practices at their downtown stadium, including one on Sunday. "Our guys are probably more disappointed about it than anybody, maybe even the fans," Fox said. "... Well miss them, but we have to deal with it. Its a safety issue here with the construction. We look forward to getting them back out here next year." ... Rookie WR Cody Latimer made several big catches, including a long TD reception from Brock Osweiler with top pick Bradley Roby in coverage. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen