on his batting as he bids to retain his Test place, says

in Movieteam Eckernförde 07.08.2019 07:59
von Bellroll33 • Captain | 135 Beiträge

Nick Compton must forget all thoughts of being dropped and focus solely on his batting as he bids to retain his Test place, says Michael Atherton. The Middlesex man is under pressure after making one from 11 deliveries on day one of the third Investec Test against Sri Lanka at Lords, the 32-year-old failing to reach double figures for the third time in four innings. Watch a pick of the action from the first day of the third Test between England and Sri Lanka I dont know whether he has been reading the papers or listening to people over the last few days but you know when you are playing for your place, Atherton told Sky Sports. He must know that if he doesnt get runs in this game he probably wont get selected in the next one and that adds pressure.Youve got to try and take the situation out of your mind and focus on the bowler running down, but sometimes things do crowd your thoughts. Compton scored 85 on Test comeback in Durban Compton made a positive start on his Test comeback with scores of 85 and 49 as England beat South Africa by 241 runs at Durban.However, since then the England No 3 has scored just 143 runs from his last 10 Test innings and Atherton thinks his struggles could come from his stillness at the crease.From a technical perspective, I think he stands too still for too long and then it all happens in a rush, the former England opener added. Batsmen should be like dancers, on the balls of their feet and moving, but he is solid still on his heels and then its too late. Athers on Nick Compton Batsmen should be like dancers, on the balls of their feet and moving, but he is solid still on his heels and then its too late.Technical and mental things are piling on him - sport is cruel at times.Watch live coverage of day two of the third Investec Test from 10.30am on Friday on Sky Sports 2. Before then, catch highlights from day one at 8pm on Sky Sports 2, followed by The Verdict - with Charles Colvile, Bob Willis, Jonathan Trott and Russel Arnold - at 9pm on the same channel. Also See: Third Test scorecard Day One: As it happened Cricket videos Get Sky Sports Mens Adidas Gazelle Collegiate Royal/White/Gold Metallic Uk .The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth. Adidas Nmd c2 Shoes For Sale Uk . Asdrubal Cabrera had four hits and three RBIs, Michael Brantley also homered and the Indians beat the injury-riddled Minnesota Twins 9-4 Thursday for their first three-game winning streak this season. http://www.cheapadishoesuk.com/men-s-neighborhood-x-adidas-gazelle-midnight-navy-dark-blue-white-uk.html . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. Adidas Nmd r1 White For Sale .com) - Thursday marks the official debut of a new dirt racing surface at Meydan Racecourse. Adidas Stan Smith Clearance . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here.Brooke Henderson was hoping to just make the cut at the U.S. Womens Open. Instead, the 16-year-old from Smiths Falls, Ont., left Pinehurst No. 2 as the low amateur in one of the biggest tournaments in womens golf. “Theres a lot of great amateurs that qualified here this week at the U.S. Open,” said Henderson after finishing up with a 69 in the final round. “I mean, tied 11 right now is where I stand and thats great. Coming in, I was trying to make the cut and then climb up the leaderboard, and I was able to do that. So Im very happy.” Henderson actually ended up tied for 10th, a significant finish as it gives her a spot in next years tournament. After 13 holes, she was three under for her day and tied for fifth spot, but a double bogey on the 16th dropped her back. She finished up the tournament at five over par. “My ball striking was really big for me today,” said Henderson. “I made two mistakes off the tee which cost me a double and a bogey, but other than that, I was hitting it really well and had a couple tap-in birdies, which is reeally nice.dddddddddddd” Henderson said she found the course extremely tough in the early going, and was almost intimidated by it. But she found her stride as the week went on and was especially good off the tee, hitting 48 of 56 fairways for the week. The big prize for the week came as Henderson earned the medal as the low amateur, besting Minjee Lee of Australia, the No. 1-ranked amateur in the world. It also gave the Team Canada member a wealth of confidence in where she wants to be. “The best players in the world are here and to know that Im right up there, its really awesome,” she stated. “I still have a long way to go to where I want to be in the next couple years, but its really exciting to know that I have the potential and it was a great finish here this week.” Henderson has a busy summer ahead of her. Shell play in the Canadian Amateur July 22-25, the U.S. Womens Amateur Aug. 4-10, and the CP Canadian Womens Open Aug. 18-24. She will also play for Canada at the World Team Amateur Golf Championships in early September. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen