surprising: He bunted for a base hit. What happe

in Movieteam Eckernförde 13.08.2019 10:20
von Bellroll33 • Captain | 135 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Down 0-2 in the count in the 11th inning, Leury Garcia did something surprising: He bunted for a base hit. What happened next was even more unexpected. Garcia scored on a balk and a pair of wild pitches by Samuel Deduno, giving Chicago White Sox a 7-6 win over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday. Before a crowd of just 10,625, Chicago came back from a 6-4 deficit in the ninth on Garcias run-scoring single off Glen Perkins and Adam Eatons RBI grounder. Garcia said he made the call on his own to try and bunt even though the count was against him. "You have to work on it," Garcia said. "Ive been working and that was the perfect time to do it, and I do it. It was perfect." The speedy Garcia bunted up the third-base line on an 0-2 pitch leading off the 11th and took second when, with Eaton at the plate, Deduno (0-1) never came to a set position and balked. Eaton struck out, Deduno bounced an outside pitch that hit off Suzukis glove as Garcia advanced, and Marcus Semien took a called third strike. After an intentional walk to Jose Abreu, Deduno threw way outside on a 3-2 to pitch to Adam Dunn, and the ball hit off Suzukis glove as Garcia came home. Ronald Belisario (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 hitless innings for the win. "You get momentum from that," manager Robin Ventura said. "There are ways to hit a home run and win a game, and theres another way to manufacture it and come back. By coming back and then you win later, I dont know how many times we did that last year, not many. You end up doing something that feels new and feels fresh for these guys." Dunns solo homer in the eighth off Jared Burton pulled the White Sox to 6-5, but Kurt Suzuki hit a run-scoring double in the ninth against Daniel Wenn for a two-run cushion. The game was delayed during the top of the seventh after Eaton appeared to catch Oswaldo Arcias fly ball to centre and then dropped it when he went to grab the ball from his glove. The play was ruled a catch, but the Twins challenged the call and it was overturned by a replay umpire in New York. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said the long delay forced him to pull starting pitcher Kevin Correia earlier than he wanted. "We were definitely going to challenge," Gardenhire said. "The length of it couldnt be helped from what I heard but it took too long for everybody involved." White Sox left-hander Felipe Paulino, back from elbow and shoulder surgery, made his first start since June 6, 2012, against Minnesota as a member of the Kansas City Royals. He allowed two runs -- one earned -- and seven hits in 5 1-3 innings with six strikeouts and two walks. Paulino laboured at times and threw 109 pitches. Twins starter Kevin Correia gave up three runs -- two earned -- and five hits in six innings with five strikeouts and a walked. It wasnt really a situation where I couldnt go back out there," Correia said. "It was 35 degrees, and I dont know how long that inning was taking already. But it pretty much came down to that review. Without that review, I definitely think Im going back out there." Trevor Plouffe had three RBIs for the Twins, who took a 5-3 lead with a three-run seventh. Alexei Ramirez had a two-run double for the Whiter Sox. NOTES: Twins reliever Casey Fien was diagnosed with a bruised left ankle when hit on a ball up the middle off Eatons bat ending the seventh inning. ... White Sox C Adrian Nieto made his major league debut as a pinch runner in the ninth. ... White Sox 3B Conor Gillaspie (flu) was scratched from the lineup. ... LHP Jose Quintana starts for the White Sox in the series finale against the Twins, who start RHP Hughes in his Twins debut. ... Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said pitcher Brian Duensing (paternity leave) was to arrive in Chicago on Wednesday night and be activated before Thursdays game. Salomon Outban Mid Bottle . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. Comprar Salomon Kalalau . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity. http://www.zapatillassalomonoutlet.es/zapatillas-salomon-mujer-outlet.html . Wiggins, who had been seen as a contender for a podium finish in Paris, was one of about 20 riders caught near the back of the peloton with 38 kilometres to go in the 218-km flat stage from Le Mans to Chateauroux. Salomon Snowcross CS .I get texts: Do you know Drake? Have you met Drake? He sits there every night, he hears me cuss out the referees every night, Casey said, laughing. Salomon Speedcross 3 CS Hombre . Johns, N.L., to Thunder Bay, Ont., after a deal was announced to build a new $106-million "event centre" in the Lake Superior community.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Kansas sophomore Perry Ellis is a man of very few words. Chances are the roughly 16,000 fans chanting his name Saturday could help him out. Ellis scored a career-high 32 points to lead the seventh-ranked Jayhawks to a 95-65 victory over TCU, and then answered every question posed to him in his typically understated fashion. Did you feel in a rhythm? "Definitely felt in a rhythm," he replied. What did you think of the chants? "It felt good, just great fan support," he said. Leave it to his teammates to describe the best game of his career. "He takes good shots in a rhythm, and he always looks for his teammates," said Andrew Wiggins of Vaughan, Ont., who added 17 points. "He was aggressive all game, attacking the hoop, making 3s. He did everything." Ellis also had eight rebounds and five assists while shooting 13 of 15 from the field. "Fantastic game," said Wayne Selden Jr., who scored 15 for the Jayhawks. Playing without injured centre Joel Embiid and suspended forward Brannen Greene, Kansas (19-6, 10-2 Big 12) got off to a slow start but still managed to take a 47-40 lead into the break. The Jayhawks then used a 13-1 charge out of the locker room to put away the Horned Frogs. TCU (9-15, 0-12) still has not won since knocking off Texas Southern on Dec. 29. Kyan Anderson did all he could, scoring 21 of his 25 points in the first half. Amric Fields added 12 points, but otherwise a team thats been depleted by injuries much of the season wasnt able to hang with the impressive depth of the Jayhawks. "You know what? I thought we competed as well as we have for a while," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "Kyan did a really, really good job of keeping us in the game in the first half, but theyre really good. Theyre really good." Embiid, who has emerged as one of the nations top NBA prospects, has been dealing with ankle and back injuries that have limited his floor time the last several weeks. He didnt practice in the run-up to TCU and wound up watching from the bench, though he routinely leaped out of his seat to celebrate the myyriad of alley-oop dunks that highlighted the Jayhawks second half.dddddddddddd. Self said he should be available Tuesday at Texas Tech. Greene, a freshman swingman, also is expected back after sitting out for what Self called "a slippage from a responsibility standpoint." Reserve forward Jamari Traylor got back on the court for Kansas and finished with a career-high 10 points and eight rebounds. The sophomore was held out of Monday nights overtime loss to Kansas State for what Self also had described as irresponsible behaviour. The two of them spoke Thursday and Self decided to let Traylor play. Self turned to Traylor when Tarik Black, who started in Embiids place, picked up two fouls in the opening 2 minutes. It was part of a miserable early stretch for Kansas that included a 1-for-7 performance from the foul line and very little defence. Of course, the Horned Frogs had a hand in that performance. Anderson was 7 of 8 from the field and 5 for 5 from the foul line in the first half, and TCU -- which came in shooting a Big 12-worst 40.9 per cent -- was hitting at a 56.5-per cent clip. "Its all rhythm," Anderson said. "We put pretty good pressure on them in the first half." Then the second half started, and the Jayhawks began playing above the rim. Black, Wiggins and Selden each were on the finishing end of alley-oop passes during what turned into a 23-5 run, giving Kansas a 70-45 lead midway through the second half. Johnson burned through a series of timeouts, but none seemed to quiet a star-studded crowd that included several NBA stars and Barbara Eden of "I Dream of Jeannie" fame. The Jayhawks started to empty the bench with about five minutes left, shortly after Ellis knocked down a 3-pointer from the corner and the crowd started chanting his name. "He was great," Self said. "He made shots, stretched it, then made mid-range shots, took the ball strong to the hole. I think one of his two misses he got back. He was without question our best player today. Other guys played well offensively, but certainly nobody played like Perry." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen