It is such a thin line between good and great

in Community 26.10.2019 03:22
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

HARRISON, N.J. -- By their own admission, Toronto FC is laying the foundation for the future. Because there isnt anything worth salvaging in the present. "Portland was in the same situation last year and it can change so quickly," Bright Dike said after Toronto FC dropped a 2-0 decision to the New York Red Bulls on Saturday night. "It is such a thin line between good and great, being at the bottom and being at the top." Following their seventh straight loss, Toronto (4-14-11) was eliminated from post-season contention with the loss with five games remaining. Only D.C. United (3-19-6) has a worse record in all of Major League Soccer. Despite the loss, head coach Ryan Nelsen reiterated the organizations belief that the future will portend success. "Next year, therell be a couple (designated players). Therell be a couple of our players who are playing, theyll have the same organization," Nelsen said. "We play against these teams with better opportunities every single week." New York (14-9-6), which took over sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference, had more shot attempts (15-8) and more shots on goal (6-2) while being led by their stars. Thierry Henry opened the scoring in the 32nd minute by tapping Dax McCartys centring feed into a half-empty net for his ninth goal of the season and the 40th of his MLS career. Fabian Espindolas header in the 80th increased New Yorks lead to 2-0 in front of 17,236 at Red Bull Arena. "Thierrys goals the last two weeks (are) the product of everybody behind him," New York head coach Mike Petke said. "The quality that he has of course at the end of it. It is great to have him scoring two weeks in a row but Im equally as pleased with what hes doing aside from the goal. If you saw him tonight, Thierry Henry sprinting back 40 yards four or five different times into our end to defend, its phenomenal." New York has won three straight following a much ballyhooed confrontation between Henry and Petke at practice on Aug. 29. The Red Bulls have outscored opponents 8-2 over the course of the winning streak. "Ive seen an improvement in the overall attitude of this team, in the overall understanding I guess you could say. The willingness to jump on board -- everybody Im talking about," Petke said. Jeremy Hall and Justin Braun had Toronto FCs only shots on goal, both of which Luis Robles stopped in recording his ninth shutout of the season. Joe Bendik stopped 4-of-6 shots for Toronto FC. Tempers boiled over in 77th minute after Kosuke Kimura was inadvertently kicked in the head by Toronto midfielder Jonathan Osorio. As Kimura cut toward the middle of the field, he tripped and fell at the same time Osorio attempted to play the ball. Players on both sides came together with McCarty and defender Gale Agbossoumonde having to be separated. "It wasnt intentional," Osorio said. "They knew that, too. He was coming hard and I was mid-swing as he was falling. So unfortunately I hit him in his head. But he was OK and I said I was sorry. He said dont worry about it, it happens. He knew it happens. "Their teammates are there to help their teammates, even though they knew it wasnt intentional. It got them fired up and got everybody fired up. Thats just competitive nature." DeAaron Fox Jersey . - Justin Turner is at his best with runners in scoring position, and he delivered again in a big spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Zach Randolph Jersey .com) - Al Horford collected 19 points and 16 rebounds and the Atlanta Hawks held off a furious rally to beat the Detroit Pistons 106-103 on Friday night in a game between two of the NBAs hottest teams. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Zach-Randolph-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Inter moved five points behind fourth-place Fiorentina and eight points behind third-place Napoli, which visits relegation-threatened Sassuolo on Sunday. Peja Stojakovic Jersey . - Jason Day and Cameron Tringale shot an 8-under 64 on Friday in modified alternate-shot play to increase their lead to three strokes in the Franklin Templeton Shootout. Marvin Bagley Jersey . Now, Sarah Burkes legacy will live on in Canadas Sports Hall of Fame. Burke, who tragically died at age 29 from a training accident in 2012, headlined the 2014 class named for induction Wednesday.OKLAHOMA CITY -- Thunder fans who braved ice, snow and single-digit temperatures got a special treat -- a look at the old Russell Westbrook. The three-time All-Star scored 26 points to lead Oklahoma City past the Charlotte Bobcats 116-99 Sunday night. He was 10 of 12 from the floor in 25 minutes in his fifth game since returning from right knee surgery. He has steadily improved and is looking more like the player he was before he missed 27 games. "He was aggressive all night, playing downhill on the pick and rolls," said Thunder forward Kevin Durant, who finished with 28 points. "He was just great tonight. That was good to see." Westbrook said he needed time to get comfortable again. "The more I play, the more rhythm Im able to catch and the more rhythm Im able to get," he said. Reggie Jackson scored 17 points and Serge Ibaka had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Thunder, who won their second straight after losing their first three games following the All-Star break. Oklahoma City outrebounded the Bobcats 44-29. Durant made just 8 of 24 field goals, but sank all 12 of his free throws. He also had six rebounds and five assists. "I get a lot of shots, man," Durant said. "Theres going to be nights when I feel like that. Its a part of the game, and I think thats the beauty of the game -- just trying to fight through the obstacles, do what I can to help my team." Al Jefferson scored 25 points and Anthony Tolliver added 17 for the Bobcats, who had won four straight before losses to San Antonio and Oklahoma City. The Thunder made 13 of 24 shots in the fourth quarter to outscore the Bobcats 31-18. Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said his team had the wrong mindset to close the game. "I think through three quarters we did a good job, but we came out in the fourth, and again, particularly when they brought their starters back, we just couldnt contain the ball and couldnt keep the ball out of the paint, which has been something weve been good at all year," he said. Westbrook scored 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting in the first half to help the Thunder take a 61-55 lead at the break. "He set the tone the ffirst half," Clifford said.dddddddddddd "He always plays with high energy, and if hes going to make all the shots, then theyre going to be hard to beat." Jefferson had 15 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The Bobcats shot 54 per cent in the first half, but were outrebounded 20-13. The Bobcats started off hot in the second half. A 3-point play by Gerald Henderson trimmed Oklahoma Citys lead to 61-60. The Thunder responded with a 6-0 run, including two putback baskets by Steven Adams, to take a 67-60 lead. Westbrook showed some of his explosiveness after a steal. He drove down court, then extended his right arm and elevated for a powerful one-handed throwdown to give the Thunder a 77-67 lead. "Tonight, he was phenomenal," Durant said. "He was great. That dunk capped it off." The Bobcats hung tough and trailed just 85-81 at the end of the third quarter. Charlotte cut the deficit to 86-84 early in the fourth quarter, but the Thunder responded with an 8-2 run. A perfectly executed pick-and-roll ended with Durant scoring on a pass from Westbrook, and Ibaka scored on the next possession to give the Thunder a 104-92 lead and put the game out of reach. Westbrook, who also had five assists, dominated from the start. "I thought Russell really had a great command of the game," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. "I think it is good to see him continue to get his game legs under him. I give the staff a lot of credit. They have put him in a position to get better day by day." NOTES: Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti announced before the game that Thunder guard Thabo Sefolosha would miss four to six weeks with a left calf strain. Sefolosha left Fridays game against Memphis in the first half and didnt return. ... Several Oklahoma City players, including Durant and Westbrook, travelled to Stillwater, Okla., Saturday night to watch Oklahoma State upset No. 5 Kansas. ... Presti said new acquisition Caron Butler will be with the team Monday after the Thunder signed him Saturday. ... Durant was called for a technical foul in the first quarter after being whistled for a carry and disagreeing with the call. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen