Pacers clawed back into the series

in Community 26.10.2019 03:27
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

The Indiana Pacers drew even in their Eastern Conference semifinal series with the Washington Wizards last time out, but the action shifts to our nations capital Friday night for Game 3. Watch the game on TSN2 and TSN GO at 8pm et/5pm pt. Friday will mark the first second-round playoff game in Washington since 2005. That year, the Wizards were swept by the Miami Heat in the semis, but that wont happen this time around. The Wiz won Game 1 on Monday, but the Pacers clawed back into the series with an 86-82 home victory on Wednesday. Indiana was carried by the unlikeliest of players in Game 2. Roy Hibbert, who scored zero points and grabbed zero rebounds in Game 1s loss, scored 28 points and grab nine rebounds on Wednesday. Hibbert went scoreless three times this postseason and put up donuts in both categories twice, but the All-Star took his mind off things and dominated the Wizards. "Sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve and other times I just keep things in," admitted Hibbert. "Tonight, I just felt like I just had one thing on my mind: to help this team win. My teammates did a great job of getting me the ball in my sweet spot and believing in me. I just wanted to return the favor." Head coach Frank Vogel acknowledged he didnt call any plays for Hibbert, but the big man was active from the jump. He scored the games first five points and totaled 17 in the first half. "Im sure he didnt like the way he played the other night," said Vogel. "Im sure he didnt like the criticism. Thats the remarkable thing. You play with a certain amount of force and the ball finds you." Another factor that may have freed up Hibbert was the teams announcement that Andrew Bynum, who was signed as a backup in February, would not appear in a game this postseason and that his tenure with the Pacers was over. Some reports indicated Hibbert wasnt pleased with the Bynum signing. George Hill finished with 14 points, followed by 12 from Lance Stephenson and 11 out of Paul George. Marcin Gortat had 21 points to lead the Wizards, Bradley Beal added 17 and Nene scored 14 despite rolling his left ankle in the first quarter. All-Star guard John Wall and Trevor Ariza, who scored 22 in Game 1, combined for 12 points in Game 2. Hibberts magical return to form meant a lot for the Pacers, but Game 2 was tightly contested until late in the fourth quarter. Gortat scored with 3:23 to go to get the Wiz within one, but Washington couldnt buy a bucket after that. The Wizards didnt score again until 11 seconds remained in the game and Indiana did enough to knot the series. "End of the day, we played a pretty good game," said Gortat. "We didnt shoot the ball well, especially from the 3-point line. Weve just got to play better." Playoff basketball returned to Washington for the first time since 2008 and this season is the third time since 1982 the Wizards advanced out of the first round. "I hope that when we get back to D.C. were going to see the crowd ready at least 30 minutes before the game," said Gortat. "We need them. I hope they come early and were going to try and bring it." The Wizards went 1-1 at the Verizon Center against the Chicago Bulls in round one. Washington has won two in a row over the Pacers as the host, but Indiana won four straight prior to that. "This is playoff basketball. You cant lose at home," noted Gortat. Game 4 will be Sunday night in Washington. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys . Nikolaos Kounenakis has been hired as an assistant coach, the team announced on Monday. Fake Diamondbacks Jerseys . You can watch the game live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 9pm et/6pm pt. Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden are expected to make their debuts for Team Canada. https://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.us/ .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs. Diamondbacks Jerseys China . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Arizona Diamondbacks Gear ." The tournament was set to be held Sept. 15-21 and would have been the first ATP tournament held in Israel since 1996. But amid Israels military campaign against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, ATP President Chris Kermode said "we do not feel we can proceed as planned given the situation in the region.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, During Tuesday nights Pens/Caps game, Tom Wilson got a five-minute penalty for charging Brayden Schenn. Nicklas Grossmann then turned and started a fight with Wilson. Despite not having to travel any distance, he clearly threw the first punch, had the gloves off first and fought him as retribution for a previous incident in the game or season, all of which would be grounds for an instigator penalty. Yet none was given. Why wasnt there one given? Thanks,Kyle Reid --- What is your take on the Wilson hit on Schenn from Washington vs. Philadelphia game? Some say 100 per cent clean hit and others say its a suspension! Thanks for reading!Bob Haynes Kyle and Bob: Following the devastating and violent hit that Tom Wilson delivered on Brayden Schenn it was actually Wilson that dropped his gloves first to be at the ready in anticipation of the Flyers cavalry that was guaranteed to charge. Nicklas Grossmann moved toward the Caps player with gloves and stick in hand. Wilsons gloves hit the ice. Even when the two players locked on Grossmanns gloves were still evident on his hands as Wilson attempted to throw some punches from tight quarters. In spite of the fact that Grossmann approached Wilson following the hit (minimal distance travelled) - but more based on Wilsons quick response mentioned above - the Referee appropriately deemed an instigator penalty was not warranted. Bob, this was a 100 per cent illegal hit. Tom Wilson approached Brayden Schenn with excessive speed from a considerable distance which results in a charging violation (Rule 42.1 - Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance travelled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner). Even though Schenn took a peek and simultaneously made a slight turn to avoid the contact, Wilson actually accelerated in the last eight-to-10 feet, rendering the Flyer player virtually defenceless. The accelerated speed and extra finish that Wilson exerted through the hit caused Schenn to crash violently into the end boards with significant impacct to Schenns head.dddddddddddd A boarding violation also occurred on this play (Rule 41.1 - A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based on the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee). I would hope every referee in the league would exercise their most responsible discretion and deem Schenns impact with the boards as violent and excessive resulting in a major and game misconduct being assessed on this play. Potential suspension - who knows? Rule 41 goes on to say that, "The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a defenceless position and if so, he must avoid or minimize contact." Tom Wilson was committed beyond just making the hit, as proven by the acceleration and finish factor on the play. There was no consideration given to avoid Schenn or to slow down and minimize contact. It was full speed ahead! Let me highlight the escape clause in the rule when consideration is given to whether a suspension is warranted on dangerous hits such as this. From Rule 41.1, "However, in the determining whether such contact could have been avoided, the circumstances of the check, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the check or whether the check was unavoidable can be considered." Schenn snuck a peek an instant before impact and recognized a missile in the form of Tom Wilson was hunting him down. This caused Schenn to veer slightly or attempt to turn as an avoidance tactic. The Player Safety Committee will give strong consideration to this element of the play in defense of Tom Wilsons actions. At least in this case, the ambiguity written into rule places considerable and undue responsibility on the victim of such a violent hit. Given Schenns location from the boards, the extended distance Tom Wilson travelled and the speed, velocity and force generated by this hit I believe a similar outcome would have occurred regardless of Brayden Schenns minimal attempt to avoid contact. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen