Our match versus Portsmouth has been postponed

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 13.11.2019 04:24
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

The Sky Bet League 2 fixture between AFC Wimbledon and Portsmouth has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The lunchtime kick-off, which was due to be shown live on Sky Sports 1, has been called off as Storm Katie continues to batter southern England.Wimbledons Twitter account revealed that a pitch inspection had been set for 9.15am on Monday morning after heavy rain overnight, but the game at Kingsmeadow has now been postponed. A tweet from the club said: Game off. Our match versus Portsmouth has been postponed.Both sides are chasing a play-off place in League 2. Referee Andy Madley told Sky Sports News HQ he had to take the players safety into consideration when making his decision to postpone the game.As you can see there is plenty of standing water all over the field of play and the water unfortunately isnt draining when we tried to put a fork into the pitch, he said.You look at the rest of the field and it doesnt look too bad until you actually get on top of it and kick a football around and, apart from the fact that the game would turn farcical, Ive got to take the players safety into account and unfortunately it is not worth the risk this morning.Weve obviously got fans travelling up from Portsmouth, the club have gone to all the effort to get the game on and that all comes into account but ultimately we do have to take players safety into account and it is just not worth that risk today.The groundsman at Kingsmeadow tried to ensure the game went ahead but the threat of further rain meant postponement was inevitable, according to Madley.He initially thought if you could put a fork into the ground then the water would disappear, and on the grassy areas it was doing, but unfortunately it is a sand-based pitch, he said.And whenever he was putting the pitchfork into the sandy areas the water was just coming straight back up so we knew that even as we played on it if we got any more rain, even if we managed to get rid of the surface water, it would eventually come back. Also See: AFC Wimbledon video AFC Wimbledon fixtures AFC Wimbledon stats Bet £5 Get £20 Free Jon Matlack Rangers Jersey . Carey Price made 27 saves for Montreal (30-21-6) for his fourth shutout of the year and second in four games. David Desharnais added an empty netter for the Canadiens. Reto Berra stopped 25 shots for Calgary (21-28-7). Brock Burke Rangers Jersey . Klose has a bruised pelvic bone and abdominal muscle problems but team doctors are trying to get him fit in time for the match. Bender has a hamstring injury. Germany is already without half-dozen players, due to injury or bad form. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/1572h-jason-grilli-jersey-rangers.html . Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. Jeff Russell Jersey . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. Prince Fielder Rangers Jersey . Many of those eyes are in the United States of America, a country that the sport has wanted on its side for some time. On Sunday the football Gods delivered once again, only this time it was time for good old USA to experience as much heartache as joy.SAN FRANCISCO -- Yasiel Puig believes he has the support from his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and the club to help him keep his focus on baseball despite challenges off the field. Puig returned to the starting lineup in right field for Thursdays series finale against the Giants amid reports that smugglers who helped him defect from Cuba had threatened his life. "Im only concentrating on the season and being the best teammate and helping my teammates," Puig said, speaking in Spanish during an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday morning at his locker in AT&T Park. While Puig wont address the details specifically because of a pending legal case, he said he will focus on baseball and on helping the defending NL West champion Dodgers keep winning. He went 1 for 4 with a strikeout in Thursdays 2-1 victory. While he dropped a routine fly to right, he also made two nice catches on the run. "I have great teammates who are helping support me so much this season and to focus on the season when I get to the stadium so I am comfortable," Puig said. "That way I dont start thinking about anything negative in the stadium. Im only thinking about working on the things that are going to make me a better ballplayer." The 23-year-old, scratched from the starting lineup after arriving late for his teams home opener April 4, is hitting .250 with one home run and five RBIs in his second major league season. He said after the game he is committed to baseball "so those things that are happening dont torment me." "Were at the field right now. Weve just got to be thinking about baseball," teammate Hanley Ramirez said. "What Ive seen is hes been llearning and hes just happy to be here.dddddddddddd Hes playing today and he told me hes going to do everything it takes to win todays game." Manager Don Mattingly said he has read articles about Puigs journey and will offer support. He has spoken briefly with the outfielder, but not regarding specifics of his journey to the United States -- saying if Puig wants to keep those details private, he will respect that wish. Mattingly is committed to helping Puig, who signed a $42 million, seven-year contract. Court documents, part of a federal lawsuit in Miami, say smugglers who helped Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig. Boxer Yunior Despaigne says in an affidavit he is afraid of being harmed by the smugglers or their associates if Puig hasnt paid them money he owes. "He hasnt talked about his background. Nobodys told me about his background. Nobodys told me about his story," Mattingly said. "If its true, its a wild story." Other Cuban big leaguers have shared similar experiences. In Oakland, Cuban slugger Yoenis Cespedes discussed in February 2013 how he worried constantly about his family members the previous season as they made their way to the U.S. He wasnt sure whether they might be targeted because of his legal issues stemming from a former agent who claimed the outfielder owed him money. "If you care about Yasiel, you worry about some serious stuff there that he has to deal with," Mattingly said. "If you care about him as a person, you worry about what hes going through." AP Legal Affairs Writer Curt Anderson in Miami contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen