Nadal hadnt lost a quarterfinal on clay in nine years until

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 13.11.2019 04:52
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

MADRID, Spain -- Andy Murray hit error after error Thursday and was eliminated from the Madrid Masters in the third round. The Wimbledon champion was overwhelmed by the 46th-ranked Santiago Giraldo 6-3, 6-2. Murrays play was erratic throughout the match against the Colombian qualifier, who earned his first career victory against a top-10 player in 20 attempts. The eighth-ranked Murray mentioned his split from coach Ivan Lendl alongside his "inconsistent" play. "My coach is missing. Thats quite a big part of my team," Murray said. "I didnt envision a finish like that. I need to sit down and think about that the next couple of days and see what I need to do." Defending champions Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams had little trouble reaching the quarterfinals at the clay-court tournament, both winning in straight sets. Nadal hadnt lost a quarterfinal on clay in nine years until last month in Monte Carlo, and he repeated the disappointing feat in Barcelona. On Thursday, Nadal let a 3-1 lead in the second set slip before beating Jarkko Nieminen of Finland 6-1, 6-4. "For one hour probably I was playing the best tennis that I played for the last three weeks," Nadal said. "After that I committed errors, so what I need to do is find more consistency." Nadal will next face sixth-seeded Tomas Berdych, who beat Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 3-6, 6-3, 6-2. Berdych hasnt beaten Nadal since a 2006 meeting in Madrid, which was marked by jeering and angry exchanges between the players. "Hell be a big test for me," Nadal said. "What happened is in the past. It was one of the few times I had problems inside a court." Also, Japanese player Kei Nishikori improved to 8-0 on clay this season with a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) win over Milos Raonic of Canada. Nishikori next faces local favourite Feliciano Lopez who advanced when Austrian qualifier Dominic Thiem withdrew before the match due to an unspecified illness. Thiem upset Stanislas Wawrinka in the second round. Fifth-ranked David Ferrer contained John Isners big serve -- holding the American to just six aces -- and used a break in each set to win 6-4, 6-4. Williams earned her 650th career victory with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Carla Suarez Navarro. Williams, in pursuit of her 60th title, hit 27 winners to her Spanish opponents five. "She made me work for every point and it wasnt an easy win," the top-ranked American said. "She just won last week, so she is definitely not an easy player to play." Williams will next face 2011 champion Petra Kvitova. The fifth-seeded Czech beat Lucie Safarova 6-4, 6-3. Also, Australian Open champion Li Na and Maria Sharapova will meet in the quarterfinals after both won their third round matches. After a poor opening set, the second-ranked Li overcame a slew of unforced errors and a bothersome toe problem to beat Sloane Stephens of the United States 2-6, 6-3, 6-2. "After the first set I was like, Calm down," Li said. "I say, OK, I cannot only think about what happened for the game, you have to look forward otherwise you cannot make it." Sharapova beat Samantha Stosur of Australia 6-4, 6-3, while Ana Ivanovic cruised into the last eight with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Fake Vans For Sale . No surprise there. Kershaw, who also earned the title after throwing his first career no-hitter in June, had a 1. Fake Vans Store . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. http://www.fakevans.com/ . Kerr said he had dinner with Jackson, his former coach with Chicago and the new Knicks team president, on Friday night and they talked again Saturday. Kerr is in New York to work the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Toronto Raptors for TNT. Fake Vans SK8 . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded. Wholesale Fake Vans . “Momentum is only as good as the next days starter,” the long-time Baltimore Orioles manager famously quipped.LONDON - Bernie Ecclestones control of Formula One was fully restored on Thursday after overcoming court cases that threatened his grip on the motorsport series.The 84-year-old Ecclestone stepped down as a board member of F1s holding company this year while standing trial for bribery in Germany. The case was closed in August when Ecclestone made a $100 million settlement payment.Investment group CVC Capital Partner, F1s controlling shareholder, announced Ecclestones return to the board in a statement on Thursday, and that he will continue as chief executive.CVC also said foormer Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo and Paul Walsh, the former chief executive of drinks giant Diageo, will become non-executive directors from January.ddddddddddddcclestone built his powerbase in F1 from the 1970s, and helped to create the Formula One Constructors Association that controlled the business side of the series, including selling the TV rights.The British-based company later became known as Formula One Management. It has fought regular tussles with the teams over finances, but has retained control of the global motor racing extravaganza. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen