fived or shook hands or hugged or acknowledged

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 26.11.2019 02:21
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Jonathon Niese stayed warm, and the surprising New York Mets cooled off Philadelphia. Niese pitched seven steady innings on a rainy Tuesday night and Daniel Murphy had three hits to lead New York to a 6-1 victory over the Phillies. Ruben Tejada doubled and had two RBIs for the Mets, who chased Cole Hamels in the fifth and have won seven of nine. They improved to 15-11 overall, marking the first time New York has been four games over .500 since July 14, 2012. "Conditions are really tough and Jon just keeps cruising along," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "You have to be pretty impressed with the way hes going about it. He used all of his pitches. It seemed like he had good command of his curveball even though it was wet. ... He went out and pitched another great game." Marlon Byrd homered and Ryan Howard had two hits with a double for Philadelphia, which lost for only the third time in nine games. The start was delayed by rain for 1 hour, 28 minutes, and the temperature at first pitch was a chilly 46 degrees. Many in the announced crowd of 28,189 who braved the cold were dressed more appropriately for a Philadelphia Eagles football game in December, with hooded sweat shirts, winter coats and wool blankets. There was a misty rain for the first 2 1/2 innings before heavy rain began to fall in the bottom of the third. The rain tapered off to a drizzle before becoming heavy again in the seventh. The weather hardly affected Niese (2-2), who didnt allow a hit until Byrds two-out homer in the fourth. The left-hander gave up four hits while striking out five and walking one. "It was another cold one," Niese said, "but it seems like the more I pitch in cold weather, the more I figure out how to stay warm." Niese sat near a heater in the Mets dugout and kept his hands in his jacket pockets, which contained hand warmers. While on the mound, Niese said he made sure to move around constantly rather than stand still. "I was able to effectively throw my pitches," he said. Said Murphy, "He threw the ball great. It was a treat to watch from second base." Hamels (0-2) struggled in his first home start of the season, allowing six runs on eight hits with five walks and a hit batter in 4 2-3 innings. Seeking his 100th career victory, Hamels lost the strike zone in the fourth when he walked four batters, including Niese with the bases loaded, as the Mets took a 3-0 lead. Hamels was making his second start of the season after opening on the disabled list due to left biceps tendinitis. The leftys ERA rose to 6.75 as he dropped to 2-8 in his last 10 home starts against the Mets. Murphy had a two-out RBI single in the third, and Josh Satin singled home a run in the fourth. "Ive never seen Cole be that erratic, and Im sure a lot of that was the conditions," Collins said. "Its early in the year and he missed a lot of spring training. Hell be fine, Im sure." Hamels said the conditions made it difficult to pitch but blamed himself for not being able to adjust better. "The elements got the best of me today," he said. "From my standpoint, Im truly embarrassed because I didnt really give anyone a chance." Hamels said a lack of perspiration made gripping the ball difficult. "When youre able to perspire, youre able to get certain types of grips with the baseball," he said, before joking: "Today might have been the day to use pine tar, but unfortunately I dont do that. It might have been the day to learn. It was difficult to throw the baseball and difficult to throw strikes. You have to be able to battle out there, and I wasnt able to do it." Byrds homer pulled the Phillies to 3-1, but New York chased Hamels when it got an RBI double from Chris Young and a two-run single from Tejeda to make it 6-1 in the fifth. NOTES: Mets starters have given up more than three runs once in the last 13 games. ... Murphy extended his hitting streak to 10 games. ... Mets RHP Bartolo Colon (2-3, 4.50 ERA) is scheduled to face RHP Kyle Kendrick (0-2, 3.52) in the conclusion of the two-game series Wednesday night. ... During the rain delay, the Phillies showed Game 6 of the NHL playoff series between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers on the scoreboard and rang the bell in centre field traditionally rung for home runs when Wayne Simmonds scored a first-period goal to give the Flyers a 1-0 lead. Cheap Nike Shoes Free Shipping Cheap Nike Shoes . The Arena das Dunas in the northeastern city of Natal sustained minor damage during the protests, but demonstrators stayed away on Sunday and officials said the stadium passed its first test, with only minor adjustments needed going forward. https://www.wholesalenikeshoesauthentic.com/ . This has become the Raptors mantra as they embark on a new era with a new regime and, in the not-so-distant future, a new image. Discount Nike Shoes . -- Coyotes coach Dave Tippett thinks of one thing when he watches Eastern Conference teams struggle against Western opponents before they get to Phoenix: His team must keep pace. Cheap Nike Shoes Authentic . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri.Percy Harvin moving to the New York Jets helps both teams. For the Jets, they get a player that can take a simple pass play and make it a major result. Geno Smith needs a support player like Harvin so he does not have to be the reason for the offence and its success or failure. As simple as it sounds, he is so talented that you simply pitch the ball to him and let him go. The Jets play the Bills and now they have to defend Harvin; that will be a challenge. For Seattle, the best assessment I heard was addition by subtraction. Remember the Seahawks have to sign Russell Wilson as soon as next year and without Harvin money on the books it makes Wilson a guaranteed Seahawk in the near future. Then there is the subtraction from the locker room. Over time, it’s just a consistency that Harvin cant get along and over time a decision was made that his personality is not worth the possibility of on-field excellence. It only takes two or three negative personalities to suppress all others and I wonder if that was a reason. In Indianapolis it was pretty impressive what the Colts did to the Bengals in winning 27-0. The Colts had 27 first downs, the Bengals had just eight. 506 total yards to 135, 171 rushing yards to 32. And finally 40 minutes time of possession to 20. The Colts beat a Bengals team as thoroughly as I have seen in recent history and looking at what Dallas did yesterday. Dallas is the best in the NFC, the Colts are the best in the AFC. In Denver, nobody has thrown more touchdown passes than Peyton Manning. 22-26, 318 yards and four touchdowns as Denver destroyed San Francisco. When the record was broken did you notice that Manning must have high-fived or shook hands or hugged or acknowledged everyone on the team. And I mean everyone. Starters, reserve players, coaches, fans, ball boys, I mean everybody. Is he the greatest of all time? Probably, that conversation could go on forever. But after such a dramatic accomplishment Manning could have run to the 50 and accepted applause for as long as he wanted. Yet quite the opposite, he made an effort to include everyone and that was as fun to watch as any of the four touchdown passes. Classy response to success. In Buffalo, first it was Kiko Alonso gone for the year, then EJ Manual benched and now not one but two running backs out for a least four weeks. CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are very good running backs so how will Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon do? May be a tough day next Sunday. The Jets defensiive front seven is one of the best and to think they will play as well as Spiller and Jackson is unrealistic.dddddddddddd. The Bills do win their fair share of close games but if Dallas lost DeMarco Murray and Joseph Randle even they would struggle. Football luck has not been on the side of the Bills. And speaking of DeMarco Murray. It was the seventh time this year that he gained 100 or more to start a season breaking Jim Brown’s record. Hidden hero was offensive tackle Jeremey Parnell who played right tackle replacing injured Doug Free. He didnt look out of place at all and may be one of the top six offensive linemen in the league. This is a record that was held by Brown going back to 1958 so there have been many a running back playing since then. Washington at Dallas this Sunday night. Logic says it goes to eight in a row especially considering Brian Orakpo is out for the year for Washington. In Chicago, the Bears lose to the Dolphins and Brandon Marshall says it is unacceptable. Now really that is all he said. There was nothing derogatory or critical, just said this has to change. He complimented the players around him from Alshon Jeffery to Matt Forte to Martellus Bennett to the offensive line. He said nothing wrong and in some ways everything right. The Bears have the talent and would be surprised if the second half of the season was not better than the first. On offence anyway. So what is happening in Seattle? Nothing that is really that unusual. When you win a Super Bowl, trying to win it again is tougher than winning it the first time. Everyone gets paid. Not just the starters in the secondary but players get appearances and associations off the field that take away from what you want to get done on the field. And you dont realize it. It is extremely subtle and quick. For many players they come from difficult and poor backgrounds then in one year everything changes. Your childhood goal is realized and you are anything but poor. You’re rich. Is success harder to handle than adversity? No way. But it is different. Seattle is going through a process and the unknown is the length of the process; when it will end. This year or next year? And Finally, Monday night football, Houston at Pittsburgh. It just seemed that the Texans were under complete control until the last two minutes of the first half. Sometimes it is smarter to just down the ball as opposed to making something happen. Houston learned that in a most painful way. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen