Carlyle has tried to push a few different buttons in midst

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 27.11.2019 03:18
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The way Jesse Hahn pitched, his dad expected a winning effort. The RBI single? Well, that was something new. "Im surprised he didnt run to third base," Fred Hahn said outside the clubhouse. "Hes not much of a hitter." His son earned his first big league victory Saturday, throwing one-hit ball for six innings and contributing a soft single as the San Diego Padres stopped a five-game losing streak, beating the New York Mets 5-0. "Its awesome," the rookie said. "I was very relaxed. I stayed focused and stayed calm." Hahn combined with the San Diego bullpen on a two-hitter. The Mets managed Ruben Tejadas infield hit leading off the first and Lucas Dudas bloop single down the left field line in the ninth. Promoted from Double-A to make his second appearance in the majors, Hahn (1-1) struck out seven and walked three in the longest outing of his professional career. The 24-year-old righty escaped his biggest jam by fanning Matt den Dekker with the bases loaded to end the fourth. At 6-foot-5 with socks pulled up nearly to his knees, Hahn won in front of his father, sister and about 20 family members and friends. They came from Groton, Connecticut, where his high school teammate was injured Mets ace Matt Harvey. "I wanted all of those people to be here. Theyve supported me my whole life," Hahn said. Hahn missed the 2011 season after having Tommy John surgery, and Harvey watched from the dugout while he rehabs from the same procedure. Hahn said Harvey sent him a text message before the game wishing him good luck. After Hahn was done, Harvey texted congratulations. "I know he had a lot of people here from Connecticut," Padres manager Bud Black said, "and he responded." Hahn made his major league debut June 3 against Pittsburgh, and was chased after giving up two home runs in 3 2-3 innings. This time, Hahn was effective with his arm and bat. Hahn blooped an opposite-field single to right with two outs in the fourth for his first hit since high school. Cameron Maybin easily scored, and was trotting back to the dugout when plate umpire Dan Bellino flipped him Hahns souvenir. "Not your prototypical line drive, bullet, missile you like for your first hit," Black kidded. Maybin later showed off some alert baserunning, winding up all the way at third on an infield grounder. Yonder Alonso broke from third on the bouncer and eventually was tagged out, but he prolonged the rundown long enough to allow Maybin to keep running. Chase Headley hit a solo homer, an RBI single and scored twice. Alonso hit two doubles. Padres relievers Dale Thayer, Joaquin Benoit and Huston Street each pitched an inning, sending the Mets to their ninth loss in 11 games. "The way they threw the ball, mixed in with some poor at-bats, and they were able to throw up a lot of zeros," Mets star David Wright said. Zack Wheeler (2-7) remained winless in eight home starts since last August. Hes averaging an NL-high 18 pitches per inning, and threw 100 in five busy innings. San Diego began the day last in the majors in batting average and runs, and just three starters were hitting over .215. The Padres totalled seven runs during their recent skid. This was the first time in 14 games they scored more than four runs in a game. NOTES: Hahn was promoted from Double-A San Antonio and LHP Troy Patton was put on the DL. ... There was a brief delay in the ninth after a panel of padding fell off the left-field wall in foul territory. ... Padres RF Will Venable made a diving catch on Dudas sinking liner to end the first with runners at the corners. ... The Mets Chris Young struck out four times. ... San Diego RHP Ian Kennedy (5-7, 3.63) faces RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-0, 2.95) in Sundays series finale. ... Rapper 50 Cent gave a concert at Citi Field after the game. Last month, the lefty threw out the first pitch before a Mets game and his toss sailed far, far wide of the plate and wound up on blooper reels. There were plenty of wrappers on the field during the game, too, blown around by gusting winds. ... Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona presented Army Lt. Col. Thomas Sullivan with a flag that was flown over Citi Field during an on-field ceremony in the middle of the third inning. Paul Molitor Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Tyrone Taylor Brewers Jersey . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/399y-manny-pina-jersey-brewers.html . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. Brewers Jerseys China .C. -- Charles Oakley, one of the NBAs all-time tough guys, may not return to the Charlotte Bobcats bench next season because of a painful back condition he says was caused during an assault last year in Las Vegas. Travis Shaw Brewers Jersey . Colorado came up big against Chicago last spring, and repeated that performance Tuesday night. Varlamov stopped 36 shots and Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche in a 5-1 victory over the Blackhawks.PHILADELPHIA – Like the rest of his teammates, Carl Gunnarsson was doing what he could to remain positive after yet another loss, the seventh straight for the sinking Leafs, but it wasnt easy. The 27-year-old wants to believe that a turnaround is still possible, that his team can salvage the season, dig out from a deepening slide and claim a second straight playoff berth. But as time ticks down and the results continue to linger in the wrong direction, that belief is tested. "Its a struggle," he said in a near-empty visitors dressing room at Wells Fargo Center. "Ill tell you that. We thought we had something going here tonight." Whatever fight they mustered in a 4-2 loss to the Flyers didt matter by the time the night was through. It was just another empty loss, another opportunity to regain ground for not. "Overall, I didnt think that we had that bad of a night," said coach Randy Carlyle afterward, but we were on the wrong side of the score and thats what counts the most." Never more evident than at this late stage in the season, the difference between winning and losing remained painfully thin. And for the Leafs it was just enough for defeat. Two power-play goals against, a few too many odd-man rushes, a bad break or two and a key mistake at the wrong time. Claude Giroux was the benefactor of one such mistake that sealed defeat for the visitors. The Flyers captain picked off former teammate James van Riemsdyks neutral ice pass attempt - the puck ricocheted off the skate of Scott Hartnell - and zipped a bullet beyond the glove of Jonathan Bernier. "Right now every big scoring chance they get, I think it feels like its going in," said Bernier afterward. "When its not going your way, thats usually what happens." "I thought we played pretty good," he continued. "A few mistakes that end up being goals. From the last game, obviously, I think we played a lot better." But like their harrowing loss to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday, one that saw them manhandled for half the game by the top team in the West, Fridays defeat in Philly counted all the same. It was just another loss at a critical point in the season. "We worked hard," Carlyle said. "Did we work smart enough in some areas? No." Any chance the Leafs have at resuscitation starts Saturday night in a massive showdown with the Detroit Red Wings. A victory reignites whatever belief and hope still lingers. They may have no hope of catching either the Montreal Canadiens or Tampa Bay Lightning, but sitting on near-equal ground with the Columbus Blue Jackets, Red Wings and Washington Capitals - all have 80 points, but with games in hand - a wild card position is still in play. "Obviously, this one, its going to be a tough one to swallow," Bernier said. "But, at the same time, we cant feel sorry for ourselves. [Saturday] is a big game and we all know that." Five Points 1. Carlyles Approach Carlyle has tried to push a few different buttons in midst of his teams recent slide. "Some days, it is a little bit more harsh. Some days, its a pat in the back. Some days its a hug," Carlyle said on Friday morning. "Whatever it is, whatever you feel is necessary. Nobody in life feels like coming to work and being ground into the dirt everyday and thats part of the process. Youve got to pick and choose when to apply pressure and when not to." As to his preferred approach of late, Carlyle said, "Its been more reality of the situation. Just showing and trying to get an understanding that were not that far away. But there are some areas that need to be addressed. Thats as simple as I can put it. Our compete level has to go up. We havent won enough one-on-one battles. Weve given up too many odd-man rushes and breakaways. Weve got to play better on the defensive side of the game." 2. Penalty Kill The Flyers scored twice on the power play, marking the 12th time this season that the Leaf penalty kill has given up two goals in a game this season. Vincent Lecavalier fired a laser for the first of two, a five-on-three goal that was not without some controversy. Jay McClement, taking the draw as Torontos lone forward, was thrown out of the face-off ciircle, charged with knocking the puck from the hand of linesman Michel Cormier.dddddddddddd Dion Phaneuf promptly stepped in and lost the first (and likely last) face-off of his career, Lecavalier blowing the one-timer by Bernier just three seconds later. "Thats not something that you want to happen," McClement said of the face-off incident. "I dont think [Cormier] wanted to do it either. But he explained to me that its black and white when I knocked it out of his hand." Scott Hartnell would add the second power-play marker, redirecting a Kimmo Timonen point shot just beyond the grasp of Bernier. The Toronto penalty kill remains third-worst in the NHL this season. 3. Bollands Comeback Dave Bolland scored for the third time this season in Philadelphia and the first time since his left ankle was sliced by the skate of Zack Kassian on November 2. The 27-year-old hasnt played more than 13 minutes since he returned from the injury and he was kept right in that region against the Flyers. "I just see that in some of the situations, hes struggled with the mobility," Carlyle said of Bolland before the 4-2 loss. "Its not sore, [but] it just doesnt have the strength there. Wre going to try to find a way to get him some more minutes. We know what kind of player he is." 4. The 18-Wheeler Luke Schenn was there in 2012 when the Leafs collapsed and knows all too well how quickly the pressure rises in Toronto. "Lose a couple in a row and everything magnifies that much more," he said. "You lose three in a row and people tend to get on you a little bit. All the fans and the media think that everythings falling apart. Thats just the way it is over there. "Its obviously a tough market to play in when things arent going the way you want them to, but its a great market when things are going well. Theres always adversity in Toronto. Its never going to change. Im sure those guys are going to get through it." Reflecting back to the infamous 18-wheeler skid two years earlier, Schenn couldnt put his finger on just what wrong. "There is no exact reason why. Its probably a combination of different things. Id have to go back and look. Obviously, youre probably getting off to some tough starts in games. Special teams probably werent as good as they need to be. At the end of the day - when I was there - it probably just came down to being outcompeted some nights. Obviously, you lose a couple in a row, confidence isnt always there. Thats just the way it goes. Youve got to find ways to get out of it." 5. Gardiner Offence Just ahead of a clash with the Flyers three weeks ago, Jake Gardiner revealed his disappointment with the offence hed put together to that point. "I dont think my point production has been that great this year,"he said. "Id like to improve on that." The 23-year-old scored a goal the next night in a 4-3 overtime win, rounding up nine points in the past 11 games, including a helper on Bollands seventh goal this season. "Ive tried to jump in the play a lot more and be an offensive threat from the blue line," he explained of his recent surge prior to the game. Gardiner has 26 points on the year. Stats-Pack 1-8-0 – Leafs record in the past nine games. 9 – Points in the last 11 games for Jake Gardiner. 3 – Goals by Dave Bolland in Philadelphia this season. 24:31 – Ice-time for James van Riemsdyk opposite his former team Friday, tied for the team-lead. 15 – Consecutive games without a point for David Clarkson, who has just 10 this season. 8 – Number of times the Leafs have allowed the first goal in the past nine games.4 – Seconds elapsed in the second period before van Riemsdyk scored the first Leafs goal. It was the fastest goal to start a period for the team this season. Special Teams Capsule PP: 0-4Season: 20.6% (4th) PK: 2-4Season: 78.1% (28th) Quote of the Night "Overall, I didnt think that we had that bad of a night, but we were on the wrong side of the score and thats what counts the most." -Randy Carlyle, following a seventh straight loss in Philadelphia. Up Next The Leafs return home to host to the Red Wings on Saturday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen