Judges Max DeLuca and Julie Lederman scored

in Dennboll.de Serverumzug und Webseitenfertigstellung 03.12.2019 02:30
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jack Del Rio only wanted to talk about the Cowboys, not the Trojans. In his first for-the-record comments since his names been bandied about as a possible replacement for Lane Kiffin at USC, Del Rio declined Thursday to address speculation he might return to his alma mater. Asked if hed been contacted by USC, the Denver Broncos defensive co-ordinator said, "No. No. No, theres nothing to speak on that subject. Im really here to talk about the Cowboys and our preparation in getting ready for them." That was it. No outright denial of interest. No reiteration that hes committed to seeing this thing through in Denver. Thats how his players see it, though. "We feel like hes going to be here," safety David Bruton said. "We have a great thing going here and weve definitely thrived under his tutelage, so it cant be anything we worry about." The Broncos (4-0), owners of the NFLs stingiest run defence, visit Dallas (2-2) this weekend. Kiffin was fired Sunday and replaced by interim coach Ed Orgeron, but Del Rios name quickly rose to the top of the rumour mill as a potential replacement because of his ties to USC, where he was an All-American linebacker in the 1980s and also teammates with Mark McGwire and Randy Johnson on the Trojans baseball team. There was even an erroneous sighting of Del Rio at LAX Sunday night that set Twitter abuzz, which Broncos coach John Fox got a big kick out of, seeing how he was sitting across from him at a Denver steakhouse celebrating their big win over the Eagles. Earlier this week, Fox said Del Rio, who is under contract through February, was "definitely qualified" for the USC position but was focused on his current job. Asked whether hed allow Del Rio to pursue the position if hes interested, Fox demurred, saying: "Ive seen plenty of job openings in my life in football. Like always, there are 8,000 candidates. Any point that it gets serious and potential, well keep you posted." Although it generally works the other way around, there is precedent for NFL coaches going to the college ranks. Bill OBrien finished out his contract as the New England Patriots offensive co-ordinator before going to Penn State last year. In 2007, Bobby Petrino resigned as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons after 13 games to become Arkansass head coach. Del Rio joined Foxs staff in Denver last year after serving as head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars from 2003-11, and the Broncos had the leagues No. 2 defence last year. By returning to Denver this year, he became the first Broncos defensive co-ordinator to serve consecutive seasons since Larry Coyer in 2006. Without having to learn a new scheme, Denvers defenders built upon that foundation and have served as productive partners to Peyton Mannings high-powered offence. The Broncos are outscoring opponents by an average of 45-23 and theyve won 15 straight regular-season games by seven or more points, the second-longest streak behind the 1941-42 Bears (16). Del Rio has done a deft job of keeping the Broncos rolling without their two superstars. All-Pro linebacker Von Miller is serving a six-game drug suspension and perennial Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey (foot) missed the first month of the season. Keep this up and Del Rios name could surface for any number of head coaching jobs in the NFL this off-season. "Thats just the nature of the business," Bruton said. "You expect change and if theres not change, its a great thing." Chatter about Del Rios potential candidacy at USC apparently stops at the locker room door, though. "We dont think or talk about stuff like that," defensive end Robert Ayers said. "Were in the here and now. Thats where he is, thats where we are." Del Rios style is a big hit with the Broncos, Ayers said: "I think hes a great NFL defensive co-ordinator. Hes proven that over his long time here as a great defensive mind in the pro game. And heck, weve done nothing but improve each year. So, his resume speaks for itself." Bruton said that while Del Rio hasnt addressed the USC speculation directly with the players, he certainly doesnt seem distracted at all, and neither do the players. "We know its a business. We know that hes going to take care of it professionally, whatever the situation may bring," Bruton said. "His top priority, and hes definitely shown it, is us." Notes: LB Danny Trevathan was a full participant at practice 24 hours after being carted off the field with a knee injury. ... WR Eric Decker (ankle) returned to practice. ... K Matt Prater was limited with a right calf injury. Sports Jerseys Sale . However, Jim Popp isnt sure how long hell be able to admire wide receiver Duron Carter. Sports Jerseys From China . The Heat centre scored 10 of his 30 points early in the first quarter to silence the Toronto fans as Miami defeated the Raptors 113-101 on Friday night. https://www.discountsportsjerseyscheap.com/ . -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday. Discount Sports Jerseys .com) - Troy Brouwer scored the game-winning goal with just 12. Stitched Sports Jerseys . The Raptors had an early deadline Sunday, a dreaded afternoon game, and they left the bulk of their work until the last minute, as theyve done so many times before.INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Although Juan Manuel Marquez rarely acts his age in the ring, the 40-year-old welterweight turned back the clock to a specific time and place while he battered Mike Alvarado. Under the spotlights, the smoke and the deafening cheers, Marquez was once again the king of the Forum ring, returning in grand style to the refurbished arena for one more celebration of his brilliance and longevity. Marquez won a clear unanimous decision over Alvarado on Saturday night, dominating in the Forums first boxing card in 13 years. "I wanted to give the public here a gift," the four-division champion said afterward while a pro-Marquez crowd roared its approval. "A gift that dignifies the history of this event and the history of the Forum. I wanted to make this fight a gift for the fans." Marquez (56-7-1) dismantled Alvarado with 12 rounds of technical brilliance and vicious power, knocking down Alvarado in the eighth round and bouncing back from his own ninth-round knockdown to finish strong, even staggering Alvarado right before the final bell. Judges Max DeLuca and Julie Lederman scored it 117-109 for Marquez, and Robert Byrd favoured him 119-108. The Associated Press also scored it 117-109 for Marquez, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. Marquez improved to 13-0 at the Forum, the former featherweight prospects regular home during the late 1990s. Although he once lived in Anaheim, Marquez hadnt fought in California since his last Forum bout in 1999, and thousands of his local fans turned out to support arguably the greatest Mexican fighter of his generation. The win sets up Marquez for a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao in the fall in Macau, if Marquez wants it. His knockout victory over Pacquiao in December 2012 was the crowning moment of his career, but the money might compel him to add a fifth chapter to their rivalry. "Well relax first," Marquez said. "I dont know at the moment, but any decision we make will be good for me, good for my family and good for the Mexican fans." Alvarado (34-3) never got rolling in his second straight defeat, struggling to land any major shots beyond the right that sent Marquez to the canvas. "It was a bad experience being in there with a legend," Alvarado said. "I was warming up a little bit too much beffore I started getting off.dddddddddddd It was on me, but it was a great fight." Marquez, who made $1.4 million, showcased the roots of his success against Alvarado, whose apparent fear of Marquezs famed counterpunching left him waiting for Marquez to clobber him. Marquez outlanded Alvarado in 11 rounds, connecting with 44 per cent of his 627 punches. His power shots were even more devastating, landing 57 per cent to just 34 per cent for Alvarado. Marquez was in charge from the opening rounds. With Alvarado sitting back and waiting, Marquez pounded him to the body and pulped the left side of his face, opening a cut under his eye in the middle rounds. "Thats the kind of fighter I am. I like wars," Alvarado said. "Thats how he exploited me, but thats how I fight." Marquez knocked down Alvarado with a counter right hand in the final seconds of the eighth, sending Alvarado sliding under the ropes and nearly off the canvas into the photographers. Alvarado recovered after the bell, and he knocked down Marquez with a double right hand early in the ninth, stunning the crowd. But the shot only seemed to enrage Marquez, who landed big combinations for the rest of the round. Alvarados face was swollen with damage under both eyes in the final rounds. Alvarado wobbled Marquez again in the 11th round, but Marquez kept his feet and finished to a standing ovation. Marquez took a split-decision loss to Timothy Bradley last fall in his first fight since his victory over Pacquiao, but he was back on top in the heralded return of boxing to the Forum, the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings. The Forum was a boxing hotbed for 30 years, hosting Muhammad Alis second fight with Ken Norton along with dozens of fight nights promoted by the late Lakers owner Jerry Buss. "It was a very entertaining fight, and the thing that really thrills me is its a great fight to come back to the Forum with," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said. "So many years ago, there were so many nights at the Forum when we had fights like this." Alvarado hadnt fought since Ruslan Provodnikov stopped him last fall. Alvarado moved away from his native Denver to the Los Angeles area in preparation for this bout, determined to avoid the pitfalls lurking in his hometown. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen