Nuggets escaped with Mavericks star Dirk

in Community 26.10.2019 03:42
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

DENVER - The Denver Nuggets escaped with Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki sitting out Wednesday night. They know they will have to deal with the former MVP when they meet again Friday night in Dallas.Ty Lawson had 29 points and 12 assists and the Nuggets beat the slumping Dallas Mavericks 114-107.Kenneth Faried scored four of his 22 points down the stretch and grabbed 14 rebounds to help the Nuggets run their winning streak to five.Weve got to keep building on it, forward J.J. Hickson said. This game means nothing if you dont win the next one.The next one is against the Mavericks in Dallas against some rested stars. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle gave three of his best players the night off after an overtime victory Tuesday night in Sacramento.Tyson Chandler and Rajon Rondo, as well as Nowitzki, rested while Raymond Felton, Richard Jefferson and Greg Smith started. It was the first starts for Felton and Smith.I thought all things considered we did a lot of good things, Carlisle said. But we had too many lapses and mistakes and the rebounding deficit was one of the big problems again.The starters struggled for much of the night, leaving the bench to keep the Mavericks in the game. The Dallas reserves scored 62 points, led by J.J. Barea with a season-high 17.Richard Jefferson scored 16 points for Dallas, which has lost three of four.All year our strength has been our depth, Jefferson said. We had everyone on the bench score in double figures. The bench outscored the starters. We take pride in that.Jefferson and Chandler Parsons awoke in the fourth to bring the Mavericks back. The pair led Dallas on a 15-5 run that cut it to three late in the game. Devin Harris missed two tying 3-pointers, and Faried hit two free throws and a layup to make it 108-101 with 1:19 left.Faried also had a block at the rim on rookie Dwight Powell with Denver leading 104-101.I was able to get my hand in there and stop him from getting to the basket, Faried said. At the end of the game I was in that zone. I was able to help defensively and help rebounding. I made my free throws and I finished at the rim.The Nuggets, like Dallas, had only 10 available players after Tuesdays trade that sent guard Nate Robinson to Boston for Jameer Nelson. Lawson played all but 3:37 of the game to help get Denver (18-20) closer to .500.I knew I was going to play at least 40 unless Erick Green had a good night, Lawson said. Probably got winded in the second quarter.Denver took control of the game early in the third quarter. After Parsons 3-pointer made it 61-55 the Nuggets scored 13 straight points to take a 74-55 lead midway through the period.Dallas got within eight after a 12-1 run but Denver led 90-78 going into the fourth.We gave ourselves a chance to win the game, Barea said. It was great for the team in the long run.NO REST FOR THE WEARYDallas guard Monta Ellis was 1 for 11 from the field a night after logging 40 minutes in Sacramento. He didnt play in the fourth quarter.I should have rested Ellis. I should have just insisted that he didnt play, Carlisle said. He looked tired. He couldnt get into the game. In the third quarter I just said, Hey, enough.TIP-INSMavericks: Carlisle said he doesnt think Rondos left achilles soreness nor Chandlers ankle injury will be a long-term problem. He cited the heavy minutes both played Tuesday as reasons for sitting them and Nowitzki against Denver. ... Dallas in the midst of playing 14 of 19 games on the road.Nuggets: Nelson should join the team Thursday and could play Friday. ... Coach Brian Shaw said F Danilo Gallinari (right knee) and C JaVale McGee (left leg soreness) could return to the lineup by the end of January. Guard Randy Foye (right quad strain) may play next week.UP NEXTMavericks: Host Denver on Friday night.Nuggets: At Dallas on Friday night. Wholesale Shoes China Free Shipping .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives. Authentic Shoes For Cheap . Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens. http://www.cheapshoes.us.org/ . 3. Trevor Ariza left them talkin about 40. Ariza made eight 3-pointers and scored a career-high 40 points to help the Washington Wizards win their sixth straight game, 122-103 over Philadelphia on Saturday night. Trendy Wholesale Shoes . As TSN reported Thursday, the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport is under intense pressure from the federal government to focus drug testing on athletes who compete in international events representing Canada. Since funding for the tests has been frozen and the cost of testing can eclipse $1,000 per test, university athletes in a number of sports are being tested less often. Cheap Fake Shoes Online . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. WINNIPEG -- Matt Duchene breathed life into the Colorado Avalanche not once, not twice, but three times Thursday night. The centre scored two goals in regulation and added another in a shootout along with teammate P.A. Parenteau, as the Avs stopped a two-game losing skid with a 4-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets went on the power play three times in the first seven minutes of the game, coming away with one even-strength and one power-play goal against goalie Semyon Varlamov to go up 2-0. Duchene finally stopped the bleeding with his team-leading 13th goal of the season at 15:08 of the first when he went in alone on Ondrej Pavelec and got a high shot past the netminder. "We got behind the eight ball in penalties," said Duchene, who hadnt scored in seven games after returning from a stomach injury. "They started really well. Youve got to tip your hat sometimes. Getting that one, kind of gave us some life and got the momentum going again so it was a big goal." Duchene, who also had an assist, scored his second goal to give the Avalanche a 3-2 lead with 1.6 seconds left in the second period when he backhanded a rebound into the open side of the net as Pavelec tried to slide back. Ryan OReilly had tied the game 2-2 at 14:27 and added an assist for the Avs (21-9-0). Blake Wheeler scored twice, Michael Frolik added another and Grant Clitsome had a pair of assists for Winnipeg (14-4-5). Varlamov faced 38 shots, including five in overtime. Pavelec made 20 saves in regulation and three in overtime. Winnipeg used its fifth power play to tie the game 3-3 at 10:00 of the third period after Mark Scheifele sent a shot from the point that Wheeler put in past a screened Varlamov with two seconds left in a tripping penalty to Cory Sarich. Duchenes shootout goal beat Pavelec after he lifted one leg and paused for a split second before firing the puck. Parenteau followed with a high shot over Pavelecs glove. Colorado coach Patrick Roy was proud of his team for rebounding after being down 2-0. "Thats the dangerous part of this beecause sometimes when you get behind you have the tendency to go individually and thats not what we did tonight," Roy said.dddddddddddd "We sticked to the plan, we sticked together, we played as a team a 2-1 by a super play by Dutchy, Matt Duchene, and then after (Nathan) MacKinnon did another really good play. "An outstanding defensive play by Duchene, but a great play by MacKinnon, put the puck on the net and picked up the rebound by Matt." Jets coach Claude Noel lamented the loss of a point, but acknowledged Colorados difference-makers. "Duchene is a good player and MacKinnons not a donkey, either. Hes moving out there," Noel said. The Jets were 2-for-6 on the power play and the Avalanche 0-for-2. Colorado hasnt scored in its last 24 power plays. The Jets had also lost to Western Conference rivals St. Louis 2-1 on Tuesday. Theyre now 6-11-4 against their conference counterparts. "Our division, our conference, isnt easy," Wheeler said. "There arent any easy games. "I think weve done a good job, weve risen to the challenge, but weve been taking positives out of losses too long. Feels like three years, come after a game like this and we say, Well, you know you did some good things. "But youve got to stay positive and youve got to draw from the positives of the game because we did a lot of really good things, but we didnt do enough to win the game and thats the bottom line." Noel was also having a tough time focusing on the positives. "Were a .500 team and its not good enough," he said. "This year in the conference we are in, it wont come close. You are going to be really scrambling. We know the urgency. It has to come in our actions, not our words. Moral victories are empty." Notes: With the win, the Avalanche equalled their most wins through 30 games in franchise history (21 in 2000-01 and 1994-95) a Winnipeg has played 20 games decided by a single goal this season and is 7-8-5 in those games a The Avs are 18-0-0 when ahead after two periods and 2-0 in shootouts this season. 00:23ET 13-12-13 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen