Neuvirths work paved the way for Joel

in Community 26.10.2019 03:47
von ruogu1234 • Admiral ** | 271 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- When he found out he was getting his first start in seven weeks, Michal Neuvirth felt the same way he did before his NHL debut. Anxiety. Nerves. Butterflies. That first start, five seasons ago, went well for the Washington Capitals goalie and so did Fridays game against the Toronto Maple Leafs as he made 32 saves in a 3-2 victory. "I was nervous, couldnt really sleep before the game," Neuvirth said. "I was feeling like I was as nervous as my first NHL game. My girlfriend told me just do what you do and try to be good." Neuvirth was just that, giving up just two goals, both on deflections. In his first NHL game, Neuvirth had 31 saves in a 5-1 victory over Tampa Bay. "I thought he played a great game, I really did," Washington coach Adam Oates said. "First period, I think he had some shots that allowed him to get into the game, which is good for him. After the second goal, he made a fantastic save that saved the game for us." Neuvirths work paved the way for Joel Ward to score the go-ahead goal with just over 8 minutes left in the third period, and Alex Ovechkin added a goal and an assist. Nicklas Backstrom also scored as the Capitals won on back-to-back nights for the fourth time this year. It was the fourth straight loss for Toronto after a 3-2 victory over Detroit on Jan. 1 in the Winter Classic, and the Maple Leafs have been outscored 21-7 in the defeats. James Van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel each had a goal and an assist. Coming off a 6-1 loss Thursday night at Carolina, Toronto saw some positives in the defeat. "This might be one of the better games weve played in a month. We showed desperation. We showed that we care," coach Randy Carlyle said. "Weve been begging, pleading, kicking, kissing, whatever we can do to try and find a way to play with some confidence. It seems like weve squeezed our sticks here. Its mind boggling." Kessels team-high 21st goal gave Toronto a short-lived 2-1 lead in the third when his shot went off the stick of Washington defenceman Karl Alzner and over the shoulder of Nuevirth. The Caps got the equalizer in similar fashion with 15:24 left as Backstroms severe-angle shot went off the skate of Maple Leafs centre Jay McClement and past Jonathan Bernier (32 saves) for his 11th goal. "A little lucky," Oates said. "Their second goal, Alzy breaks a stick on that deflection. A little lucky, so were even." Wards winner, his 13th of the season, came with 8:10 left, 6 seconds after Toronto had killed a penalty, as he fired a slap shot from 15 feet out on a pass from Marcus Johansson. "I was a little upset at first cause the way it kind of came off my stick," Ward said. "But I kind of got enough to actually go in." After that, Neuvirth kept Washington in command, making his final save with 12 seconds left. The last time the 25-year-old was set to play for the Capitals, on Nov. 29, he suffered a leg injury in warmups. He had not suited up for a game since. With the Caps playing their second of five games in a span of seven days, Braden Holtby struggling and rookie Philipp Grubauer coming off a taxing 4-3 win Thursday night at Tampa Bay, Neuvirth made his first start since Nov. 22. In the absence of Neuvirth, Grubauer (6-2-3) emerged as perhaps the teams most reliable goalie, prompting Neuvirth to request a trade last month. "Ive been watching a lot of hockey from the press box," Neuvirth said. "I havent seen the puck for some time. Probably would be tough if I get scored on in the first couple minutes, but I didnt want to think about it." NOTES: Washington D John Erskine had an eventful second period, drawing a pair of penalties for fighting. The scraps were against Cody Franson and Colton Orr. Brian Westbrook Jersey . What they did need, the Devils got from Patrik Elias. Elias scored a power-play goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars. Nick Foles Womens Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Reggie-White-Inverted-Jersey/ . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs. Chuck Bednarik Jersey . Ribery terrorized the Schalke defence throughout and put the home side ahead in the 36th minute when he chipped the goalkeeper before stroking the ball into the empty net. The French winger struck again after the interval, combining with Thomas Mueller on the left before firing a deflected shot beyond the helpless Timo Hildebrand in the 55th, as Bayern bounced back from Wednesdays 1-0 loss at FC Basel in the Champions League. Andre Dillard Jersey . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal.Chicago, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Brice Johnson had 18 points and nine rebounds in the 24th-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels 82-74 victory over the 12th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes at the United Center. Marcus Paige added 16 points for the Tar Heels (8-3), who have won two in a row since a loss at top-ranked Kentucky on Dec. 13. Justin Jackson tallied 11 points. Marc Loving ended with 19 points for the Buckeyes (9-2), who had a four-game winning streak snapped. Sam Thompson contributed 17 points. North Carolina jumped out to a 17-8 lead and never looked back. Ahead 28-21, the Tar Heels went on a 15-6 run that Paige ccapped with a four-point play for a 43-27 advantage.dddddddddddd Ohio State scored the final four points of the first half to get within 12. Trailing 64-46 midway through the second half, the Buckeyes put together a 16-6 run. Thompson tallied six points during the surge to help make it a 70-62 contest. However, Ohio State never got closer than seven the rest of the way. Game Notes North Carolina leads the all-time series by an 11-2 margin ... Ohio State shot 35.2 percent from the field and went 10-of-29 from beyond the arc ... The Tar Heels went 21-of-33 from the foul line. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Anthonyfam
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 445 Themen und 449 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen